Financial Controller masters all functions related to new development projects as well as all other lines of business. This role will have responsibility for producing financial reports allowing management to make informed and timely decisions. This position involves supervision over the accounting staff and providing accurate and timely financial information to the company partners.
Job Accountabilities & Activities
– Overseeing Senior Accountants on assigned portfolios and performing higher level risk-based review on a monthly/quarterly basis prior to final review performed by manager.
– Setup and accounting for complex multi-tier investments and commingled funds.
– Serving as primary point of contact for Portfolio and Asset Management for all accounting related matters on assigned portfolios.
– Working with Asset Management department to answer/provide information for current and prospective investors.
– Coordinating, preparing, and completing all audit reports and tax returns for portfolios in a timely manner.
– Reviewing consultant reports prepared by accounting department.
– Overseeing third-party managers who provide accounting services.
– Analyzing and coordinating the completion of performance returns, advisory, incentive and acquisition/disposition fees on real estate investments.
– Analyzing cash positions and ensure excess cash distributions are made timely in accordance with the respective Investment Management or Partnership Agreements.
– Assisting in the design and analysis of information received during the annual audit process.
– Participating and raising potential accounting concerns in meetings with Legal/Closings during the acquisition and disposition process.
– Working with other departments on the acquisition and disposition of portfolio investments as appropriate.
– Preparation of Timely and accurate weekly review of business cases related to renewal, closure, remodel, relocation, and new openings.
– Interface with senior management on special projects, as needed
– Reviews accountants work product for accuracy and completeness including ensuring financial packages are complete and delivered timely and accurately to Account Management Teams, Real Estate Management Teams, and Clients.
– Establishes internal work controls to monitor and review accountants work product for accuracy and timely processing to safeguard the assets of our clients and uphold the organization’s responsibility.
Education & Certifications
Bachelor’s in Accounting
Required Years of Experience
5+ Years of experience in a controller role with real estate experience
Click here to Apply Online