Burberry plc, a global multi-billion-pound luxury fashion business, is seeking to hire a Senior Accountant. The role is part of the Burberry Business Services (BBS) organisation based in Leeds, United Kingdom. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for execution of Record to Report (“RTR”) team tasks within the BBS Finance function in accordance with agreed service level agreements and key performance indicators. Responsibilities may also include supervising a small team of Accountants.
• Execution of RTR transactions.
• Reconciliation, review and approval of RTR balances.
• Preparation and review of RTR reports.
• Responding for a significant number of ad hoc queries, and analysis as required, prioritising work effectively to ensure that these queries are responded to on a timely basis.
• Train and line manage Accountants and review their work.
• Provide regular feedback on performance of Accountants.
• Ensure compliance with the Group Policies, including operating effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting.
• Role may require work on some weekends/public holidays during half year and year end periods.
• Apply understanding of assigned accounting processes to identify gaps and propose continuous improvement measures.
• Work closely with the process owners, colleagues and managers to understand root causes and represent process procedures, practicalities and exceptions.
• Proactively seek feedback from fellow team members and other internal and external customers, and use this to inform future delivery of services.
Qualifications & Experience
• Professional accounting qualification/exam qualified is required i.e. ACA, ACCA, CIMA or similar.
• SAP training and certification is a plus.
• 3-5 years of relevant accounting experience.
• Experience in application of IFRS and UK GAAP is required.
• Retail or FMCG industry experience preferred.
• Experience of BPC an advantage.
• Accounting role within a large, listed, multinational company is a plus.
• Worked within a multicurrency environment; understanding the impact of movements in exchange rates on reported results is a plus.
• Experience working in an accounting team in a Shared Service environment is a plus.
• Must be able to fully grasp the broader issues and provide functional guidance to those reporting to them, rather than rely on their own technical skill set. Requires good understanding of IT systems and processes.
• Can provide evidence of working collaboratively with peers.
• Advanced Excel skills with experience of building and working with complex models and large data sets
• Ability to build strong relationships, both with the wider Finance team and throughout BBS.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Observes and champions corporate policies and business values.
• Thinks conceptually and identifies and addresses future challenges and opportunities, often in an ambiguous environment.
• Needs to be comfortable in ‘dealing with the numbers’ – i.e. able to extract strategic themes and trends, compare and convert figures across the group and use high-level figures to make decisions
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Leeds || Finance || Record to Report || n/a ||
Click here to Apply Online