Category SENIOR ACCOUNTANT
Educational Qualifications Bachelor degree in a related discipline preferably in accounts / finance.OR Two years college diploma in related discipline with 2 years of relevant experience preferably in an Airline Industry.Or Specialised certificate / license in the related field with Secondary School certificate having 6 years of International airline experience in the same job functions . Proficiency in English (Spoken & Written) Proficiency in MS Office ERP systems. Ticketing knowledge
Experience Required As mentioned above
Job Location Moscow
1. Ensure and monitor timely preparation of Passenger Sales/EBT/MCO/Refund reports, Cargo Reports etc. in the prescribed formats with all supporting documents including the Airport sales as well as from Non BSP Agents if any. Accountant should adhere to the deadlines received from HO from time to time so as to ensure smooth monthly closing of accounts.
2. Verify above reports with coupons to ensure issue of documents in sequential order for all manual documents issued and fare applied is as per the WY authorized fares. Ensure to attach copy of fare circular along with the sales report for any special fares applied like one off deals, Tour packages etc. Ensure all manual documents are entered using WYM in order to appear in the ASR.
3. Ensure the sales reports prepared in excel formats matches with the daily ASR generated by reservation team
4. Ensure preparation of ADMs to Agents for any amount to be collected on behalf of Government taxes & levies etc. ADMs for fare differences, taxes short reported etc. will be taken care by the HO. Information with regard to changes in taxes or fares received from HO Commercial Department needs to be informed to HO-Finance with the date of applicability and all.
5. Check and authorize Refund Applications received from BSP Agents in time to avoid complaints from Agents
6. Verify the value of unused coupons in the case of refunds before authorizing through BSP link as well as the refunds made at the counter, commission, PLB are recalled or not.
7. Ensure proper supporting documents like rebate authorities, PTA telex messages, exchange coupons, void coupons etc. are attached with the audit coupons before forwarding the same to HO.
8. Reconcile BSP billing analysis to arrive at actual sales, refunds, tax, surcharges, commission for the period. This is required as the amount shown under ACM in the BSP Billing Analysis may include incentive/PLB settlements for prior period/year, ACMs issued for advance remittance made by Agents if any, refund adjustments etc.
Expenditure & Cost Control Section:
1. Verify (check for adequacy of documents & correctness of amounts due) the invoices received from suppliers or service providers with the contract and account the transactions in line with the laid down procedures and policies of Oman Air or as advised by HQ- Finance.
2. Forward the verified documents to Station Manager / Country Manager for their approval. On receipt of approval to upload the scanned copies of approved invoices into ERP and account them in line with the laid down policies
3. Forward the documents to HQ & ensure remittance to suppliers are organized on the due dates. If authorised by HQ to pay locally, then payment has to be made in time without any delay.
4. Ensure that all Journal vouchers and payments processed / invoices accounted has the correct narrations as per the internal guidelines for easy understanding of transaction and to facilitate analysis
5. Prepare a check-list / chart listing out the major expenses / periodical payments made every month to facilitate preparation / accounting of provisional Journal entries
6. Prepare month-end provision entries and submit the same for review by HQ-Finance.
7. Prepare reconciliation of control accounts / balance sheet accounts in respect of Balance-sheet accounts assigned to the station and submit the same on a monthly basis for review by HQ-Finance. Also necessary rectification journals to be passed as advised by HQ-Finance to reflect the correct balances.
8. Analyze and prepare worksheets in the prescribed format in respect of major / periodical expenses and submit the same for review by HQ-Finance
Closing Date 14-02-2018
Please click here to Apply Online