Bachelor degree in a related discipline preferably in Finance, Business Studies, Management, Engineering or IT with 4 years’ experience in Internal Audit. A Certified Internal Auditor (‘CIA’) or Internal Auditor Practitioner (IAP) accreditations will be advantage. Proficiency in English (Spoken & Written) Proficiency in MS office Knowledge of flow charting Knowledge of auditing policies, procedures and legal requirements Analytical & Time Management skills
Experience Required As mentioned above
Job Location Muscat
1. Meet with all levels of auditee department personnel to understand the processes and to document these processes (using flow charts)
2. Analyse the processes to identify risks (business, inherent) and related internal controls and to document the same
3. Create / Update / review the audit program in co-ordination with Assistant Managers / Managers based on the process study (includes designing control and substantive audit procedures to detect any system weaknesses and misstatements due to fraud or error)
4. Conduct the audits as per audit program and perform substantive and analytical audit procedures.
5. Test the design, implementation and operating effectiveness of the identified controls and prepare / update inherent, control and combined risk assessments for identified significant transactions.
6. Analyse the business risk during out station audits and ensure that proper system has been implemented to identify and react to such risk.
7. Supervise the auditors at all stages of the audit to ensure significant risks are identified and adequately tested.
8. Review the working papers prepared by auditors and include the review comments to improve the audit tests
9. Document the working papers and index as per the IA department policy & practice in line with International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (“ISPPIA”) and review the Auditors documentation
10. Discuss the findings and observations with line Managers and department heads
11. Prepare the draft audit report, including recommendations, and discuss with Assistant Managers/ Managers
12. Review the observation and draft audit report prepared by the auditors.
13. Follow up on the action plan for respective audited departments to ensure that action plan is on track and updated information is provided to the Assistant Managers and Managers.
1. Coordinate with other department heads and line managers to ensure that the information required for the internal audit is accurately provided
2. Coordinate with department heads in presenting audit observations, and to ensure timeliness of action plan
1. Lead and guide subordinates by giving authorities of work and assist by provide technical guidance to ensure that all subordinates are well groomed for higher positions
Closing Date 27-08-2017
Employer want to submit job applications through their website at: Apply Online