Bachelor Degree in Engineering preferably in Mechanical / Avionics / Aeronautical or similar with 4 years of relevant experience preferably in an Engineering / technical functions. OR Diploma in Engineering preferably in Mechanical / Avionics / Aeronautical or ICAO Type II license with 6 years of relevant experience. OR specialized certificate / license in the related field with Secondary school certificate and having 10 years of WY / Aviation in similar functions.
Experience Required As mentioned above
Job Location Engineering Building ? Muscat Airport
Job Description 1. Efficiently and effectively organize, plan and co-ordinate Development Engineering activities to provide technical guidance In order to improve aircraft performance and reliability.
2. Administer Development Engineering Services.
3. Give guidance to Engineering Departments on all matters relating to the maintenance, repair, overhaul, replacement and modification of Electrical/ Avionics aircraft systems.
4. Monitors all defects, delays, and component and electrical, avionics & IFE component removals and ensures adverse situations are investigated and recommend remedial action.
5. Review manufacturers and regulatory agencies technical data and recommend appropriate action to comply with regulations or improve performance and reliability and reduce costs of maintenance and overhaul.
6. Liaise with manufacturer as necessary, and convert manufacturers’ Service Bulletins or other Technical Literature into Oman Air documentation (Engineering Order. Special Work Instructions etc.).
7. Evaluate specifications for the Implementation of modifications and wiring repairs etc., and advice on specialized tools or equipment required.
8. Ensure all technical documents are evaluated and where applicable appropriate action is taken in the form of Modifications, Technical Notices, raising AMS Amendments and other technical document amendments.
9. Respond to Oman Air Departments requests and clarification in timely manner through Engineering Service request (ESR).
10. Manage and control DFDRDFDR/DFDAU/QAR downloads and onward follows up with manufacturers and or third party vendor.
11. Perform B787 Loadable Software Aircraft Part management and control. ”E-enabling responsibilities”.
12. Investigate incidents and accidents. Initiate follow up action as required. Investigate electrical, avionics & IFE component and system failure and initiate follow up remedial action.
13. Vet for approval all local modifications, amendments to Maintenance Schedule and Concessions on aircraft, electrical, avionics components, systems and parts.
14. Undertake other duties as requested by SMDE and supervisors ensuring timeliness and utmost effective in completing the assigned tasks.
Closing Date 03-05-2017
Employer want to submit job applications through their website at: Apply Online