Supervises, inspects, troubleshoots, maintains, repairs, surveys and evaluates metals in aircraft and support systems equipment to meet requirements for preservation. Eliminates deterioration effects, accomplishes corrosion control and operates and maintains aircraft wash racks. Accomplishes major aircraft structural repairs, troubleshoots structural repair situations, inspects repair operations and completed repairs of plastic, fiber glass, metal and extended aircraft structural components and supervises airframe repair activities.
KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge of technical orders, regulations, manuals and procedures governing identification of discontinuities and flaws in metallic and non metallic parts; operation and maintenance of non destructive inspection test and oil analysis equipment; storage, use and disposition of acids, solvents and cleaning agents; radiological safety and operating procedures; safety codes and practices; concepts and application of RSAFM4-7166 series and supporting publications; ferrous and nonferrous metal characteristics and metal processing principles is mandatory.
EDUCATION: A 12th grade education with courses in shop mathematics, metal working or mechanical drawing is desirable.
TRAINING: Completion of a suitable basic and an advanced aircraft structural maintenance course is mandatory either military or civilian.K
Normal color vision is mandatory.
Current and continued certification in accordance with RSAFI 4-7166-25 is mandatory.
Experience: knowledge of airframe construction, structural metals and extended sections fabrication and repair of aircraft structures, mechanical forces, stresses and strains applicable to aircraft structures, repair of tapered skins and extruded metal portions of high performance aircraft, repair of bonded structures, technical order governing identification, removal and treatment of corrosion use and storage of acids, caustics, solvents, cleaning agents and protective materials concepts and application of rsafi 4-7166 series and supporting publications and principles of cold forming metal and heat treating tools, dies and machinery is mandatory.
a. PREPARES AIRCRAFT SHEET METAL LAYOUTS AND DESIGNS TEMPLATES:
(1) Works from drawings, identical parts or from brief statements of general requirements.
(2) Marks sheet metal for cutting, drilling, bending and trimming, making proper allowance for forming operations such as bends, joggles and beading.
(3) Designs, cuts, drills and trims to close tolerance, full size master production templates.
(4) Scribes and stamps size and location of holes, bend lines, outline and other working detail.
(5) Measures wear of templates to determine accuracy after repeated use.
b. PERFORMS AIRCRAFT SHEET METAL FORMING OPERATIONS
AND DESIGNS FORMING DIES:
(1) Sets up, adjusts and operates various types of powered handoperated forming equipment.
(2) Determines need for heat-treating before and during forming operations.
(3) Inspects formed parts for flaws.
(4) Smoothes small wrinkles with smoothing or power planning hammer and trims to correct dimensions.
(5) Takes measurements for original part of drawing and determines detail for forming dies.
(6) Determines need for repair or modification of die.
c. DESIGNS, DIRECTS AND PERFORMS THE REPAIR OF BONDED
(1) Inspects area to determine proper repair procedures.
(2) Advises personnel of proper repair techniques to use during repair operations.
(3) Inspects completed repairs for void and de-laminated areas.
(4) Designs and constructs special holders and fixtures for tear down of assemblies.
(5) Removes damaged skin, core and old adhesive.
(6) Fabricates core and skin to assembly.
(7) Cleans fabricated repair parts.
(8) Lays up and bonds structures by means for heating and pressure
(9) Cures, trims and inspects bonded structures.
d. TROUBLESHOOTS AIRCRAFT STRUCTURAL INSPECTION AND
(1) Inspects damaged aircraft to determine economy and practicability of repair.
(2) Plans repair details as required.
(3) Removes damaged parts and sections, using hand and powered drilling and cutting tools.
(4) Fastens major replacement or reinforcing parts in place.
(5) Maintains alignment or repair parts and aircraft components during repairs.
(6) Performs alignment checks of aircraft primary structures.
e. PERFORMS INSPECTIONS:
(1) Inspects fabricated and repaired work items during progress and upon completion of work to determine quality of workmanship, compliance with technical publications and completeness of work.
(2) Compares work items with drawings or specifications and inspects for proper spacing, type and heading of rivets, using precision measuring tools such as scale, plain and vernier calipers, protractor and contour templates.
(3) Indicates conditions or status of inspected items, using inspection stamp or tag.
(4) Coordinates rework requirements or rejections.
(5) Reviews maintenance forms, records and reports to ensure complete documentation according to directives.
(6) Prepares list of work requirements and estimates man-hours.
f. DESIGNS, DIRECTS AND FABRICATES AIRCRAFT FLEXIBLE
(1) Designs, fabricates and inspects completed flexible control cables.
(2) Determines working length, cuts cable and machine swage fitting to
(3) Tests tensile strength of cable assemblies and compares finished
lengths with specifications.
g. DESIGNS, DIRECTS AND FABRICATES AIRCRAFT TUBING
(1) Designs, fabricates and inspects completed aircraft tubing assemblies.
(2) Selects tubing materials, cuts, bends and trims tubing assemblies to correct length and attached required hardware.
(3) Cleans and temporarily seals fabricated tubing assemblies.
(4) Ensures finished assemblies are in compliance with specifications.
H. PERFORMS AIRCRAFT WASH RACK FUNCTIONS:
(1) Mixes and applies detergents and other cleaning material.
(2) Operates cleaning equipment.
(3) Maintains aircraft wash rack equipment
Saudi National Employee Benefits
In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive the following package, which makes this an opportunity not to be missed
A competitive basic salary
Bupa health care scheme for Employees and immediate family
Discounted Bupa health care scheme for Employees Parents
Access to discounted gym membership
BAE Systems has a heritage of commitment to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. For 50 years, we have provided the platforms and services that support the Saudi armed forces to defend the interests of the Kingdom. In support of the Saudi Arabia National Objectives, we’ve invested heavily in the development of Saudi people, technology, infrastructure and local companies in the defence supply chain. Our investments have helped to develop the Saudi defence industry as well as developing a skilled and highly productive workforce.
Click here to Apply Online