This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
Responsible for professional architectural/structural design services for various construction projects; including structural system designs, foundations, roofs and site work drawings. Shall be responsible for construction inspections, quality control, submittal reviews beyond the expertise of a construction manager. Completes project planning and work analysis, develop requirements, reviews and interprets building codes, prepares plans and specifications for work, monitors projects during construction phase to ensure specifications are followed and provides final inspections and acceptance of completed project. The qualified candidate will work with a team of government and contract engineers, surveyors and construction professionals to ensure customer satisfaction and timely project completion.
Major Job Activities:
1. Must be able to discuss the objectives, requirements, and budget of a project.
2. Provide various services which include technical writing, conducting feasibility and environmental impact studies, selecting a site, or specifying the requirements the plan must meet.
3. Prepare drawings and statements of work.
4. May travel to areas in the local area outside of the military installation to verify design requirements and quality of work being performed.
5. Develop construction plans that show the building’s appearance as well as details for its construction.
6. Follow and assess compliance with building codes, zoning laws, fire regulations, and other ordinances.
7. Promptly execute necessary changes throughout the planning processes.
8. Ensure all personal work areas are kept clean, orderly and in a safe manner.
9. Complete training in compliance with Vectrus, OSHA and United States Air Force (USAF) requirements.
10. Responsible for precise execution of company time reporting procedures and accurate completion of timesheet.
11. Performs other duties as assigned in accordance with contractual, functional, and mission requirements.
Material & Equipment Directly Used:
May be exposed to potentially hazardous conditions that require wear of hard hats, gloves, steel toed boots, hearing protection, safety glasses and other personal protection equipment (PPE); may be required to push, pull and lift heavy equipment. Use of portable radio or cell phone to maintain contact and accountability of work activities.
Work will be indoors and outdoors. Exposure to heat, cold, dust, noise, chemicals may occur. Overtime and shift work may be required depending on contractual needs. Employee must comply with all Federal, State and Local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions. Task specific work environment training will be provided as required. Must be prepared to function in a wartime environment to support U. S. interests. 100% Overseas Assignment.
Physical requirements may include lifting up to 35lb, team lifting up to 50lbs, climbing, extended sitting, or standing, stooping, stretching, and bending.
Education / Certifications:
Must hold a Bachelor of Science degree in Architecture or Structural Engineering.
Professional Engineer, preferred.
Must be a U.S. Citizen with a current, valid U. S. Passport.
Must have and maintain a valid U. S. SECRET Security Clearance prior to deployment.
Must have a valid U.S. Driver’s License and able to drive with a manual transmission.
Must be able to communicate in English.
Must be able to pass a flight line access test and obtain flight line access badge.
Must be able to pass employment and deployment qualification requirements that include psychological, medical, dental, drug testing, background checks, etc.
Candidates must successfully complete both online and hands on CBRN (chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear) defense training. Training includes the successful fit testing of DoD provided protective gear.
Must have a minimum of five years of design experience and be capable of assisting with contingency construction services including concept and project development and scoping, preparation of floor plans, elevations, schematics and renderings.
If not a PE, must have 15 years of experience in Engineering field with at least 8 years as an Architectural or Structural Engineer.
Proficient with AutoCAD 2012 or newer versions.
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
Good oral and written communication skills.
Able and willing to work periods of long hours to meet mission requirements
Military experience in a contingency environment and knowledge and experience working with government contracts preferred.
Supervisory / Budget Responsibilities:
General guidance and direction.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Click here to Apply Online