The beautiful and culturally progressive State of Qatar is home to the world-class post-secondary institution, the University of Doha for Science & Technology. Internationally recognized as a comprehensive technical university, UDST is committed to high-quality, student-centered education. This commitment is reflected through state-of-the-art facilities, accessible and responsive technology programs, and strong partnerships with the industry.
With more than 600 staff and 5,000 students, UDST is one of Qatar’s largest post-secondary institutions offering applied diplomas, degrees, and master’s programs through student-centered learning. By providing training in a range of technical areas including Engineering Technology, Health Sciences, Industrial Trades, Business Studies, and Information Technology, UDST brings the State closer to the goals of the Qatar National Vision, 2030.
The College of Engineering Technology invites applications for positions of Associate Dean.
Reporting to the Dean, the Associate Dean contributes to and supports the strategic and academic leadership of planning, organizing and managing programs in the School; managing faculty and administrative teams; supporting faculty professional development; ensuring quality programs; and enhancing student success. This role also includes responsibility to coordinate and organize the operational management of the school in terms of oversight of course schedule planning, curriculum development, revision assessment, faculty evaluation, faculty recruitment and retention, budget development, fiscal management and other related activities of the School.
• Earned PhD (or equivalent as designated and approved) in any of the Engineering disciplines from an internationally recognized, and accredited institution. Candidate should demonstrate evidence of scholarly, professional, and creative achievement sufficient to qualify at the rank of Professor/Associate Professor.
• Professional Certification relevant to the Disciplines taught in the College.
• A minimum of 8 years academic experience after the PhD.
• A minimum of 5 years of industrial experience related to the field of study.
• Significant research contribution in a relevant field.
• Experience working in a post-secondary institution where applied, industry-aligned programs in the school of engineering technology and industrial trades are offered.
• Strong knowledge of and substantial experience with the development, delivery, evaluation and program accreditation of Engineering college or university programs.
• Demonstrated leadership in post-secondary administration in a similar leadership position.
• Record of successful participation/leadership in applied research projects.
• Experience in leadership and innovation in technology-based projects.
• Record of successful participation/leadership in applied research projects
• Experience in leadership and innovation in technology based project
Other Required Skills:
• Commitment to applied and experiential learning as a pedagogy and a key feature of the College’s mandate
• Ability to design, develop, deliver, and evaluate authentic learning experiences and assessments incorporating contemporary tools and resources to maximize content learning in context and to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes identified in program outcomes.
• Digital literacy and demonstrated fluency in technology systems, and an ability to model and facilitate use of current and emerging digital tools to support research and learning
• Demonstrated ability to develop technology-enriched learning environments that enable students to be active participants in their own learning
• Commitment to the effectiveness, vitality, and self-renewal of the teaching profession through self-driven continuous professional development and life-long learning
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Collaborative and collegial spirit and a demonstrated ability to establish rapport with learners, colleagues, sponsor-employers, and members of the community
• Ability to initiate applied research projects.
Click here to Apply Online