The Asst. Officer –Purchase performs various clerical tasks and activities related to the purchasing function such as maintaining files, typing and reviewing purchase orders, interviewing sales representatives, securing bids and quotes, selecting products and placing orders.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintains, established policies & procedures, quality assurance program, objectives and safety standards.
2. Receives purchase request from different department.
3. Evaluates purchase requisitions and issues enquiry for quotations after confirming the requirement with the respective Department Heads.
4. Analyzes the product quality and price after getting quotations, processes purchase orders and faxes to vendors.
5. Maintains files and records of current and potential suppliers, materials, process, delivery dates and inventories.
6. Prepares replies to various inquiries using standardized formats, and provides information and status of orders/deliveries.
7. Reviews and approves claims against suppliers for unsatisfactory materials or equipment.
8. Expedites any and all purchasing operations that may delay the scheduled work orders and customer orders.
9. Examines reference books and catalogs to find products which meet departmental specifications.
10. Maintains purchase order and invoice files and related purchasing records.
11. Maintains record of verified shipments of goods and dates actually received.
12. Interviews sales representatives, secures bids and quotes, selects supplies/equipment and places orders
13. Participates in educational programs and in service meetings.
14. Attends meetings as required.
15. Performs other related duties as requested.
Managers/Heads of other Departments
Education : Bachelors Degree. Medical Background is an advantage
Experience : Preferably 3 years’ experience in the field of purchase in Healthcare
OTHER SKILLS: Technical: Fair knowledge and understanding of purchasing techniques & procedures, contracts and hospital market. Knowledge of medical terminology and familiar with the uses of medical equipment
Administrative Skills:Negotiation, Strategic Thinking, Problem Solving, Organizing and Clerical Skills; Detail Oriented; Team Player
Soft Skills:Good Communication and Inter-Personal skills
Computer Skills: MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Internet Language Skills:Good in written and spoken English and Arabic is an advantage.
PHYSICAL & WORKING CONDITIONS
Works in temperature controlled, clean, well light and pleasant office environment
May involve long periods of sitting; telephone and in front of a computer screen. Occasionally stands and walks short distances; bends, stoops and reaches to perform routine job tasks.
Click here to Apply Online