This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
Responsible for providing assistance for the development of project specific details and the preparation and coordination of clear, concise drawings and design work for new construction, renovation and improvement projects for real property facilities, including utility systems. The qualified candidate will work with a team of government and contract engineers and surveyors to ensure customer satisfaction and successful project completion.
Major Job Activities:
1. Assist in all AutoCAD drafting to include preparing conceptual studies and sketches that indicate pertinent design features, material, equipment and specifications.
2. Provide feedback to engineers during the design process on constructability and maintainability of projects.
3. Create architectural, electrical, mechanical, structural, and civil design drawings using AutoCAD and be knowledgeable in engineering tables, plans, and specifications.
4. Solve specific problems that are conventional in nature but are of considerable scope.
5. Take initiative to continually improve performance and work processes through feedback, problem solving and generating new ideas.
6. Must be able to multi task and work in a high paced environment. Work with a sense of urgency to complete tasks safely, effectively and efficiently.
7. May be required to travel to areas in the local area outside of the military installation to verify design requirements and quality of work being performed.
8. Responsible for following a comprehensive quality and safety program in compliance with Vectrus, OSHA and United States Air Force (USAF) requirements.
9. Responsible for following a comprehensive, flexible, and properly documented training program.
10. Responsible for maintaining a safe, clean, sanitary, healthy, presentable, professional atmosphere, free of dust, clutter and trash in all working facilities and areas.
11. Responsible for proper utilization and safeguarding of all government and contractor provided property (e.g., to include government facilities, equipment and tools).
12. Responsible for precise execution of company time reporting procedures and accurate completion of timesheet.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
Material & Equipment Directly Used:
May be exposed to potentially hazardous conditions that require wear of hard hats, gloves, steel toed boots, hearing protection, safety glasses and other personal protection equipment (PPE); may be required to push, pull and lift heavy equipment. Use of portable or vehicle equipped radios to maintain contact and accountability of work activities.
Work will be indoors and outdoors. Exposure to heat, cold, dust, noise, chemicals may occur. Overtime and shift work may be required depending on contractual needs. Employee must comply with all Federal, State and Local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions. Task specific work environment training will be provided as required. Must be prepared to function in a wartime environment to support U. S. interests. 100% Overseas Assignment.
Physical requirements include lifting up to 35lb, team lifting up to 50lbs, climbing, extended sitting, or standing, stooping, stretching, and bending.
Education / Certifications:
Academic or professional certification in Computer Aided Drawing/Building Informational Modeling Services.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, preferred.
Must be a U.S. Citizen with a current, valid U. S. Passport.
Must have and maintain a valid U. S. SECRET Security Clearance prior to deployment.
Must have a valid U.S. Driver’s License and able to drive with a manual transmission.
Must be able to communicate in English.
Must be able to pass a flight line access test and obtain flight line access badge.
Must be able to pass employment and deployment qualification requirements that include psychological, medical, dental, drug testing, background checks, etc.
Candidates must successfully complete both online and hands on CBRN (chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear) defense training. Training includes the successful fit testing of DoD provided protective gear.
A minimum of five years of related experience with at least one year of experience working with recent versions of AutoCAD.
Experience working with architectural, civil, mechanical and electrical plans.
Must be knowledgeable of engineering tables, plans and specifications, and must have working knowledge of computer networks.
Be capable of accepting engineering concept sketches, existing redlined drawings, and schematics to prepare detailed finished drawings.
Knowledge of relevant laws, codes, regulations and quality standards.
Proficient with AutoCAD 2012 or newer versions.
Must be capable of creating or updating space usage information contained in S-Files.
Must be proficient with Microsoft programs such as Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point and Project.
Fluent in English with strong verbal skills.
Ability to troubleshoot and solve technical problems.
Able and willing to work periods of long hours to meet mission requirements
Military experience in a contingency environment and knowledge and experience working with government contracts preferred.
Click here to Apply Online