Ensures both effective and efficient execution of the agreed work (package) in such a way that the QHSE, technical, commercial and contractual requirements are met. Leads a project team to achieve optimal balance between cost, time and quality and between cost, benefit and risk on projects of complexity up to (and including). Can support on projects of higher complexity. Supports the proposal development process.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the growing environmental business line within the growing Fugro Iraq business. The Environmental Project Manager will support the growing environmental sector in Iraq, particularly for clients in the oil and gas industry. The position is based in Fugro Middle East Dubai office and will work closely with the Environmental Manager to lead, develop, manage and execute all aspects of the service.
• Direct and manage all aspects of project development on key large projects, particularly oil & gas clients, from enquiry to delivery and close-out.
• Preparation of project execution plans, method statements, schedules, QHSE plans and risk assessments to address stringent Client HSE and technical requirements in line with Company procedures.
• Supervise and monitor project management team providing direction, support and assistance as necessary.
• Continuous communication and liaison with Clients, operations and laboratory departments, and other project stakeholders to ensure timely submission of deliverables and Client satisfaction.
• Collate, track and present project KPIs to maintain cost and contractual control at all times.
• Scheduling and allocation of equipment and resources in line with specific project requirements.
• Assist in compilation of technical/commercial proposals where necessary
• Attending and conducting regular internal/external technical project meetings, kick-off meetings and safety sessions.
• Client negotiation
• To implement and drive with Company’s QHSE policies and procedures.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
• Understanding of environmental investigation and previous experience in managing them is must.
• Knowledge of Project Management Areas – project scope management, project time management, project cost management.
QHSSE ACCOUNTABILITES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
• Ensure that Fugro policies and procedures are understood, implemented and adhered to by all employees.
Qualifications / Skills / Experience
• M.Sc or B.Sc in Environmental Management /Ecology/Engineering sciences.
• Minimum 5yrs+ in similar role including commercial, technical and practical project management experience.
• Ability to work effectively in a multi-national and multi-cultural work environment.
• Excellent verbal and written skills both internally and with Client (English is essential, other dialects may be advantageous)
Role Specific Behavioural Competencies
• Problem-solving/judgment: the ability to observe, think critically and to solve problems using data, analysis, interpretation, and reasoning skills.
• Teamwork: the proven dedication and ability to work successfully with others, adding value to the team.
• Information and communication: Communicates appropriately and effectively with a range of people on a variety of subjects in order to inform, educate or influence them. Processes and provides data / information to meet business requirements.
• Client focus: the ability to identify, meet and sometimes exceed the needs and expectations of (external or internal) clients, resulting in (long-term) client satisfaction.
• Agility: the ability to be flexible, responsive, adaptive, and show initiative in times of change, uncertainty and business opportunity.
Click here to Apply Online