The Executive Producer of Output oversee all aspects of output of news, run editorial meetings, liaise with news desks for global coverage needs. Feeds back to Output teams on programme content. Check and approve scripts and packages for accuracy and editorial standards.
• In conjunction with the Output Manager, sets the day’s editorial agenda and ensures its implementation across News Output.
• Ensure the production is completed on time, within budget, and to Al Jazeera agreed artistic and technical standards
• Gather news updates through available resources (news wires, correspondents reports, other media and news agencies)
• Lead and Participate in the editorial meeting and determine the major news stories that need more elaboration and content development
• To ensure AJE content and coverage is consistent with Al Jazeera Media Network standards and goals
• To ensure effective use of programme budgets and resources to meet efficiency goals
• Decide on the importance and the priorities of the day’s news stories
• Manage the field team stories
• Follow up and assist the news room employees in executing their daily activities
• Discuss the news plans for next day and next week with the planning section
• Review scripts, graphics ,pictures and guests for the news bulletins
• Review on-air material
• Review received packages, reports, stories and re-write scripts when needed
• Coordinate with the interview desk to choose suitable guests
The Person we are looking for will have:
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Media, Communication or other related fields
• Minimum 9 years of professional experience in Television Journalism and field work.
Click here to Apply Online