Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a Field Geologist to join Geological Operations Department.
Geological Operations Department provides efficient operational support and specialized Geological solutions for Exploration and Development programs through a skilled and qualified workforce applying appropriate technologies, innovation and excellence in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
Saudi Aramco, a world leader in hydrocarbon exploration and production, makes continuous efforts to reveal new exploration areas with upside potential for energy resources. This is a unique opportunity offered by Saudi Aramco for Field Geologists to perform their best and reassert the power of outcrops in the exploration of energy resources.
Field Geologist with a broad understanding of sedimentary deposition concepts, deep knowledge of modern data collection methods, and proven field geology background will work on outcrop geology projects to help solving E&P problems and support understanding the subsurface assets of Saudi Aramco. You are expected to perform geological field studies, make surface–subsurface correlations and create integrated models. The Field Geologist role also involves educational field trips with audience from diversified background (young/experienced professionals, Managers/CEOs, local/international visitors etc).
Duties & Responsibilities
You will be required to perform the following:
• Plan, organize and perform field assignments with or without supervision, including but not limited to reconnaissance field trips, pre/post conference field trips, in-house vocational training field trips, geological mapping, geological sampling and special geological projects.
• Perform office assignments, including but not limited to preparation of maps, cross sections, models, measured sections, geological research, report writing and presentation.
• Describe geological core samples in Saudi Aramco Core Laboratories Center
• Collect, record, present, report and store geological data from outcrops and cores
• Select shallow core drill sites to support outcrop studies and supervise shallow core drilling operations
• Support unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) surveys, plan and supervise activities on site when necessary
• Liaise with consultants and contractors
As the successful candidate you will
• Hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Geology. An advanced degree in sedimentology, stratigraphy or similar discipline is preferred
• Fifteen years of experience, including at least ten years in sedimentary outcrop analysis, core description and surface-subsurface correlation is required
• Proven experience in sedimentology (clastic/carbonate or both), stratigraphic section measurement and core description is essential; additional background in sequence stratigraphy, petrography, structural geology and geological mapping is desired
• Perform educational field trips as well as mentor co-workers and young professionals in stratigraphy and sedimentology is also required
• Peer-reviewed publications in sedimentology, stratigraphy, tectonics, and petroleum geology
• Familiarity with industry standard software (ArcGIS, Petrel etc), modern data collection tools (remote sensing, drone, lidar, range finder etc), petrography of different rock types (clastic, carbonate, magmatic, metamorphic), rock analysis instruments (microscope, XRD, XRF, SEM, Gamma Ray tool etc), and drilling operations is preferred
• Understand the geophysical exploration, as well as wellsite geology, interpretation of well logs, groundwater dynamics, and petroleum system development is desired to be successful in this role
• Excellent communication skills and fluency in written and spoken English is also essential
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.
Click here to Apply Online