Lead monitor and coordinate IsDB project procurement related activities and performance across the regional hubs in-order to ensure effective compliance to procurement guidelines for successful implementation of approved projects across the Regional Hubs. Advise management and staff on strategy and policy, operations and strategic partnerships. To conceive, develop and promote innovations in Bank Procurement Policy, operational procurement procedures, project/program design in organization and management of operations in aspects related to procurement in IsDB member countries. To provide advisory services and technical guidance in matter related to project procurement. Builds, collaborates, engages with and nurtures a network of development partners to ensure that IDB follows best practices in project management and in development of Project Procurement Strategy.
Strategy, Planning, Policies and Procedures:
• Provide significant input and recommendation in the development of procurement policies and procedures based on the Member Countries’ needs, IDB Group priorities and observed trends among similar MDBs.
• Contribute effectively to the formulation of the Strategy of the Unit, annual plans, budget and policies & procedures and ensure proper implementation of the same.
• Lead the planning process of acquisition of works, goods, and services during preparation of projects.
• Assist the country to Prepare the Procurement Strategy& Procurement Plan to support the development objectives of the projects/Programs
• Oversee the identification of the most appropriate procurement procedures and packaging of the purchased items to be adopted.
• Develop and update project procurement policy instruments, including procurement procedures, processes, standard templates and checklists, taking into account the specific nature of the financing concerned, and ensuring that the procurement approaches are “fit-for-purpose” and reflect “value-for-money” through the application of Bank’s core project procurement principles of economy, efficiency, fairness and effectiveness.
• Develop and update standard project procurement documents relevant to the project procurement cycle for the selection of contractors, suppliers and the use of consultants.
• Provide review of all other Bank policies and procedures in order to ensure consistency with the project procurement policies of the Bank.
Project Procurement Management:
• Lead and expand Advisory function by the development, updating of project procurement related policies & procedures and their harmonization with other MDBs and trends observed in the project procurement sector.
• Develop, enhance and manage Project Procurement Compliance and Oversight Function across regional hubs.
• Provide facilitation and implementation support to the project procurement officers across regional hubs by contributing in internal procurement review processes to ensure quality at entry and exit.
• Lead and monitor procurement related activities for regional hubs in-order support the elaboration of concept notes, and for the preparation, appraisals and supervision of projects.
• Participate in the approval of award recommendations for the procurement of goods and works and for the selection of consultants, in line with the delegation of authority matrix and threshold limits set in the Procurement Threshold Document, including for procurement documents.
• Contribute to the capacity development of key stakeholders in project procurement and delivery over the project cycle of the Bank.
• Lead the review of specific integrity cases across regional hubs and the complaint handling mechanism of the IDB’s project procurement.
• Provide significant input in the elaboration and development of training programs for staff of the country program complex, executing agencies and PMUs.
Knowledge Management and Innovations:
• Initiate innovative ideas, new improvement proposals, provide expertise, recommendation, advice and guidance to requisition departments/Units on procurement matters.
• Supervise the specialized professional efforts that may be needed to carry-out technical assessment of Members Countries Procurement systems using MAPS tool.
• Ensure effective dissemination of lessons learnt and best practices on procurement matters to promote knowledge at IDB.
• Encourage collaboration and communication with other departments/entities (particularly in the Operations Complex) in the area of project implementation followup.
• Lead the following-up of agreed actions to ensure that they are effectively implemented
• Lead the resolution of procurement issues form various stakeholders specially related to complaints as per the guidelines and procedures in-order to deliver the bank’s required levels of service in all interactions with stakeholders.
Reporting & Communication:
• Oversee the preparation of periodic briefs on procurement related issues for the Operations Complex in-order to ensure concerned parties are briefed regularly on project activities.
• Contribute into the relationships management with key clients (governments and private sectors) and position the bank as partner to support development operations in the country in procurement related aspects.
• Contribute to the efforts to strengthen partnership with other development partners and stakeholders related to the countries in procurement related aspects.
Education, Experience & Certification:
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or economic, business administration, public procurement or related field
• Supervisory experience of minimum 3 years.
• 10+ years of experience in related fields of project procurement associated with the project cycle of MDBs.
• Deep understanding of procurement policy & procedures and their interpretation as best practice is a major requirement
• Minimum exposure of 3 years with similar MDBs’ procurement.
Skills & Necessary Knowledge:
Advanced knowledge of Islamic Financing Instruments
• Advanced Islamic Finance knowledge
• Ability to Work with different stakeholders
• Advanced Communication Skills
• Advanced Negotiation Skills
• Bank Knowledge
• Country Portfolio Assessment
• Project Risk Assessment and Evaluation
• Policies and Procedures
• Project management
• Motivation to learn and share
• International and multicultural collaboration
English ( Mandatory )
Arabic ( Preferred )
French ( Preferred )
Click here to Apply Online