BAE Systems is the UK Government’s nominated Prime Contractor under the Government-to-Government arrangements that are in place to provide equipment, support and training to Saudi Arabia. We provide maintenance of Royal Saudi Air Force aircraft and train RSAF personnel safely in a training environment in how to use their aircraft, equipment and weapons. For such maintenance training, this role is responsible for the training and mentoring activities in respect to the Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) employees and is responsible for the Simulator Team Leader for providing first-line supervision of maintenance production, quality and manpower management in support of the Aircrew Training Devices (ATDs) under the LOA 3 Project. The primary duty is the day to day running of the simulator engineering department, ensuring that the simulators and training devices are available for operations as required and in a condition consistent with achieving Operational and Training Capability targets.
Performs all the duties of a Simulator Technician plus:
· Manages the technicians under control, and ensures that sufficient are available at all times to support operations and accomplish all assigned maintenance tasks.
· Ensures the correct accomplishment and recording of periodic maintenance inspections of the flight simulators
· Ensures discrepancies reported by instructors / aircrew are correctly recorded in the assigned Training Management Information System (TMIS)
· Assigns suitably qualified and experienced technicians to perform jobs
· Ensures that technicians use the correct technical data, tools and test equipment when working on the simulator, and that all maintenance documentation and TMIS records are fully completed.
· Ensures that all operations, inspections, and maintenance documents are prepared and maintained correctly
· Reviews new and amended technical publications for applicability to the simulators and where necessary, ensure that the technicians are informed of any changes.
· Liaises with the simulator logistics specialist on all supply matters, and ensures that a suitable priority is assigned to all requests.
· Liaises with instructor/aircrew throughout the shift to ensure that the simulators are always ready for use.
· Ensures that the Simulator Cockpit, Instructor’s Operating Station and required Databases are set up prior to a training sortie, as required to meet the training schedule.
· Monitors the simulator maintenance environment to ensure that the area is kept in a clean and safe condition.
· Where suitable, delegates secondary duties to technicians
· Deputise for the Simulator Team Leader as required
· Qualified to Degree level or equivalent in Electronics Engineering or related field.
· Extensive practical experience in the field of Simulator and Training Aids engineering (design, integration, installation, commissioning, acceptance and maintenance).
· Experience on CAe equipment.
· Fully conversant with the concepts of maintainability, reliability, system diagnosis and failure modes, design procedures and industrial processes.
· Must be computer literate with the Microsoft Office suite of programmes and Windows.
· Ability to communicate effectively.
· Ability to prepare clear and concise briefs, presentations, reports and letters.
· Must be able to communicate effectively and fluently in English, both spoken and written, with an excellent knowledge of technical terminology
· Knowledge of the RSAF organisation with practical experience of RSAF procedures and processes.
· Knowledge of the BAE Systems organisation with practical experience of BAE Systems procedures and processes.
· A good understanding of General Authority for Civil Aviation (GACA) processes (or equivalent) with regards to the civil certification of fixed and rotary wing aircraft simulators up to Level D.
EXPATRIATE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive a competitive salary, rent free accommodation, with access to free recreation facilities, all available within Company secured accommodation. In addition, a generous leave and travel allowance makes this an opportunity not to be missed.
On successfully securing a role your appointment to Saudi Arabia will initially be on single status. On commencement of employment in Saudi Arabia you will have the opportunity to apply to have your family join you in the future. A full health care scheme is provided within Saudi Arabia.
SAUDI NATIONAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, including a generous leave and travel allowance, a full health care scheme and access to subsidised recreational facilities
At BAE Systems, we provide some of the world’s most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and employ a skilled workforce of some 82,500 people in over 40 countries. Working with customers and local partners, we develop, engineer, manufacture and support products and systems to deliver military capability, protect national security and people and keep critical information and infrastructure secure.
Click here to Apply Online