Manage and oversee all Emirates Flight Training Academy (EFTA) flight and ground training. Lead a team of staff, and oversee progress of individual students. Ensure that the training provided is in compliance with appropriate legal requirements and that relevant qualifications are achieved through training programs. Ensure satisfactory integration of flight training in an aircraft or a flight simulation training device.
– Plan develop, manage and implement a training strategy for EFTA which will ensure current and future business needs are satisfied. Align training with operational planning, budget and recruitment to deliver a timely, well trained and professional workforce.
– Oversee and ensure that the day to day EFTA flight and ground training are carried out safely and effectively. Provide leadership to the training team to uphold high performance standards and achieve training objectives.
– Ensure that all training provided is in an efficient manner and is compliant with Approved Training Organization (ATO) training programs, GCAA (and other regulatory bodies) regulations and all safety standards.
– Collaborate with the maintenance and operations team to ensure all the training demands are met by forecasting weekly, monthly and yearly projections.
– Facilitate hazard identification and risk mitigation during training. Ensure all trainers conduct risk mitigation training in a professional manner and in full compliance with regulatory bodies.
– Prepare the annual training plan and annual budget
– Work with the Safety and Compliance Manager and implement a compliance assurance program and ensure that measures are in place to maintain quality standards. Determine schedule of internal audits and drive corrective actions as required.
– Monitor and maintain all ATO related training manuals and documents. Propose changes to VP-EFTA regarding policies and procedures, to ensure full regulatory compliance is maintained, suggesting methods of improvement to processes in order to increase efficiency and quality of training delivered. Approve any amendments to the Operations and Training Manuals and notify the appropriate authorities.
– Monitor and maintain all training manuals and company documents. Propose changes to VP-EFTA regarding policies and procedures, to ensure full regulatory compliance is maintained, suggesting methods of improvement to processes in order to increase efficiency and quality of training delivered. Approve any amendments to the Operations and Training Manuals and notify the appropriate authorities.
– Manage and oversee the planning and development of flight training, Flight Simulation Training Device (FSTD) training, and theoretical knowledge training and ensure that it is within industry standard.
– Monitor ground and flying syllibi and drive improvements as required. Plan the commencement of training programs and number of students for each course. Oversea the progress of individual students and intervene to support where required.
Qualifications & Experience
Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent)
Flight Operations – 10+ Years
– Should hold or have held in the past three years, a professional licence and associated ratings related to the courses provided by the Emirates Flight Training Academy
– Minimum three years’ experience as Head of Training in a complex ATO
– Minimum 3000 hours as P1
– Minimum 2000 hours as an instructor
– Previous airline experience
Salary & Benefits
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE. The Dirham is linked to the Special Drawing Right of the International Monetary Fund and it has been held constant against the US dollar since the end of 1980 at a mid-rate of approximately US$1=Dh3.66. Besides generous travel benefits normally associated with an airline, this managerial role also has excellent leave and health care packages, accommodation, power and water paid for, along with transport benefits, life insurance and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers. By viewing the ‘Dubai Lifestyle’ section in the careers website you can also consider the many benefits of Dubai as a location to live and work in.
Click here to Apply Online