Serve as the primary point of contact for Operations Management System (OMS) related issues, opportunities and concerns. Monitor and oversee data in the OMS and the interface with SAP Database and any software requirements. Provide data extraction and manipulation support for probabilistic risk monitoring using OMS.
Operations Management System (OMS)
• Monitor the usage of OMS within the department, including the quality of data input and the effectiveness of the interface with the SAP database to ensure that information transfers are accurate, timely and useful
.• Lead the tracking of outage preparations, execution, closeout, and stand-down, as well as probabilistic risk monitoring using OMS software to achieve the highest level of support for the plant.
Planned Outage Preparation Support
• Lead the OMS Interface which include but not limited to oversight of: schedule preparations, risk reviews, contingency plans, switchyard activities and regulatory, and operating license requirements in order to ensure efficient and accurate communications to Plant Management.
• Provide feedback to plant staff and lead independent reviews of risk management, in preparation of activities to ensure adherence to procedures and processes ensuring safe, timely, and cost-effective execution of Barakah Nuclear Power Plant (BNPP) On-line and outage risk assessments.
• Lead the OMS support of planned and forced Outage execution, which includes but is not limited to oversight of: daily outage risk review meetings, scope decision meetings and changes to the approved outage schedule to ensure Shutdown Safety is not compromised and efficient and accurate communications to Plant Management on High Risk Evolutions (HRE’s), Infrequently Performed Tests or Evolutions (IPTE’s), and Return to Service (RTS) meetings.
• Monitor and oversee assistance provided to Plant organization as requested for additional oversight of major evolutions, modes changes, etc. with regards to risk management.
• Lead the development of a detailed report on risk management following unit outages including “Lessons Learned” to ensure an environment of continuous improvement is established and maintained.
On-Line Work Management
• Lead the OMS support of Nuclear Risk Management which includes but is not limited to oversight of nuclear safety as it relates to schedule development and changes, critical evolutions, and non-standard unit conditions where work management is engaged to support in order to ensure efficient and accurate communications to Plant Management.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for OMS support of shutdown safety interfaces with internal and external bodies and agencies which include but are not limited to Operations, Nuclear Risk Management, Federal Authority for Nuclear Regulation (FANR), World Association of Nuclear Operators (WANO), and Institute of Nuclear Power Operations (INPO) in order to ensure efficient and accurate communications to Plant Management.
Outage and Emergency Response Organization (ERO) Support
• Support outage and/or the emergency response organization, as assigned, to ensure safe, reliable and continued operations; this may require shift work/off hours support.
Health and Safety and Security
• Follow all relevant company’s Health and Safety policies, processes, procedures and instructions to ensure compliance in all aspects of work as per sound management practices. Apply these policies and procedures to self and others to ensure reasonable care of the health and safety of the employee; the environment; and various individuals who may be affected by the employee’s acts or omissions at work.
• Follow all relevant Security policies, processes, procedures and instructions to ensure security compliance in all aspects of work, by applying them on self, others and Corporate assets.
• Ensure compliance with corporate requirements for adherence to policies, procedures and instructions related to Crisis Management and Business Continuity in order to continue mission critical activities.
• Contribute to the development of UAE National employees in a manner which supports the objectives of the corporation and its Emiratization strategy.
• Contribute to knowledge dissemination/sharing in a way that assists with building internal capabilities of UAE Nationals where applicable and maximize their effective performance.
Excellence and Quality Management
• Ensure commitment to a culture of continuous improvement by eliminating waste, following operations procedures, practicing innovation, problem solving, and teamwork; complying with Quality Management System policies and procedures; providing and receiving constructive feedback, and striving to meet quality standards and stakeholder expectations
.• Ensure Commitment to the Nawah Fundamentals.
Communication and Working RelationshipsInternal: Operations, Nuclear Risk Management (NRM) and Work Management within Nawah.External: FANR, INPO, WANO and approved vendors.
• Bachelor of Science degree.
• 8 years of relevant experience.
• Previously Reactor Operator or Senior Reactor
OperatorExepriece in the areas of :
• Integrated Risk Management• Phoenix• ORAM • Sentinel • Risk Management • CAFTA• Shutdown Safety• Key Safety Functions
• Understands nuclear power plant design and modification.
• Understands license basis requirements and plant operating requirements.
• Understands the responsibilities with regard to the Outage requirements of a nuclear power plant.
• Understands regulatory requirements relative to the modification of a nuclear power plant
• Ability to effectively manage a knowledge based organization
.•Respect for Safety & Security
• Trust and Integrity
• Communication Effectiveness (Including English Proficiency)
• Teamwork (Especially Multi-cultural)
• Error Prevention
• Personnel Development
• Effective Partnering• Performance Improvement
Click here to Apply Online