Oversee and manage the Maintenance Planning organization, including scope, timelines, schedule, workflow, as well as staff management including matching maintenance staff qualifications, skills, training and availability to Planning tasks. Manage work planning, Preventive Maintenance (PM) and other related programs, as well as the impacts of technical specifications and regulatory requirements on planning. Provide overall leadership of the Fix-It-Now (FIN) team, including scope, timeliness, schedule as well as staff management; lead the FIN team to ensure that the FIN resources adequately protect the online maintenance schedule as well as provide rapid response during outages.
1. Work Planning
• Oversee and manage work planning to control the planning and FIN organizations effectively (specifically includes oversight of the Long-Term Maintenance Strategies (LTMS) contractors and their sub-contractors) to ensure alignment amongst work planning activities.
• Oversee Barakah Nuclear Power Plant (BNPP) equipment, data, and determinants to ensure operational readiness.
• Oversee the plant Master Equipment and configuration to be able to effectively plan work around plant operations activities and optimize outage work.
• Oversee, manage, and participate in the planning functions of vendors and contractors assigned to perform work in the plant to ensure alignment amongst operating schedules.
• Coordinate with Plant Work Management Online/ Work Control and Outage Managers for work planning to ensure alignment amongst plant operations and maintenance schedules.
• Coordinate with schedulers, designate at least 2 schedule reviewers in the Work Planning organization, and train them in Primavera (P6) use to ensure compliance with plant work management policies, procedures, and system requirements.
• Review Work Order Closures and develop Root Cause/ Common Cause and Failure Mode analyses to support plant safety, performance, and asset reviews.
• Review clearance, tagging, and permit requirements for work orders to ensure align with work planning requirements.
• Manage planning maintenance Corrective Action Program requirements to ensure compliance to work planning procedures.
• Ensure that the supplemental workers are familiar and compliant with the Conduct of Maintenance to enforce maintenance planning standards.
• Review and design as needed for PM’s and other recurring work orders and surveillances to ensure configuration status control.
• Coordinate with Operations work control organization to include required elements of work events currently underway in the plant.
• Ensure the development of work plans and minimize backlog to maintain operational reliability.
2. Work Order Development and Packaging
• Oversee the development, assembly, and review of all the work orders to be scheduled for plant work by Maintenance to ensure alignment of personnel, resources, and equipment.
• Oversee the inclusion of work order requirements into daily work planning to ensure compliance with work management policies and procedures.
• Review and verify contents of work package templates, including permits, training and qualification for specific work requirements, discipline requirements, Parts and Bills of Material (BoM), Safety-Related components, quality levels, component relationships and integration with other related work orders to ensure the quality of work orders and packages.
• Review, verify, and facilitate, as needed, configuration management, document and engineering errors identified during work planning to ensure the quality of work package development.
• Oversee the development of parts lists and Bills of Material (BoM) to create material requests, and understand the requisition process, time constraints and supply chain requirements for non-stock parts to ensure operational readiness of work packages.
• Review related pre-planned/preventive maintenance (PM) planning, in coordination with operations work control (including warranty, surveillance, rework, etc.) for plant mode, limiting conditions for operation (LCO’s) and technical specification(s) currently in force to ensure alignment of work package development.
3. Staffing and Qualification Management
• Review training and qualification credential requirements for maintenance staff to ensure alignment of staff skillsets and technical qualifications.
• Track maintenance staff qualifications, skills, training and availability to create work orders with the proper staffing.
4. Vendor and Outsourced Work
• Oversee management of vendor and LTMS-based work plans and requirements to ensure process and procedural compliance and alignment with BNPP requirements.
• Review and provide Vendor Manuals (VM’s), warranty documents, and other external documents and data in the development of work plans and work order media to ensure qualify of vendor work.
• Provide assistance in managing site access requirements for specialized vendor computers and Measuring and Test Equipment (M&TE) devices when required to ensure vendor compliance to security requirements.
5. Preventive Maintenance (PM)
• Oversee the development and execution of PM Requirements and monitor their execution to ensure operational readiness.
• Coordinate with Design Engineering Maintenance and vendors, as needed, to understand PM creation or changes.
• Review and develop pre-planned maintenance requirements, in coordination with operations work control (including warranty, surveillance, rework, etc.) for plant mode, LCO’s and technical specification(s) in force to ensure alignment of preventive maintenance activities.
• Coordinate with Outage Management (OUT) to prepare contingency work plans for reduced power, mode changes, or forced outages to ensure operational readiness.
• Verify compliance with tech spec intervals and work frequencies, and report and resolve documentation errors to ensure compliance with PM policies and procedures.
• Enforce high self-identification ratios to ensure quality of PM program.
6. Management and Supervision
• Observe and track staff accountabilities, including work progress, attendance, training, etc. to ensure organizational excellence.
• Consult and track corrective actions assigned to Planning staff members to ensure completeness of corrective action mitigation measures.
• Research BNPP software, applications, and training (such as OMS, eSOMS, P6, RIMS/Phoenix, eWP, etc.) to diffuse knowledge throughout the Maintenance organization.
• Research and monitor Industry and Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) based resources for work management and the nuclear arts, including Institute of Nuclear Power Operations (INPO), Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI), World Association of Nuclear Operators (WANO), International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), etc. to ensure with best practices.
7. Outage and Emergency Response Organization (ERO) Support
• Support outage and/or the emergency response organization, as assigned, to ensure safe, reliable and continued operations; this may require shift work/off hours support.
8. Operational Planning
• Provide input into the development of the Division’s systems, processes and procedures, as well develop and implement the Department’s systems and processes, identifying potential areas of improvement to ensure efficient, effective, safe and risk-free operations as well as compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements.
• Monitor, control and report Operational and financial Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) related to the Department, to track performance and recommend corrective or mitigating actions.
• Ensure that all relative reports are prepared timely and accurately, and meet the Department’s requirements and standards.
• Diploma or Equivalent.
• 10 years of relevant experience, out of which:
2 years in a Managerial role, including:
i. Nuclear power operations.
ii. Refueling outage (or initial fuel load).
iii. Startup Testing.
2 years Nuclear Power Plant
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
• 4 years of maintenance or work management experience. Reactor Operator (RO)/Senior Reactor Operator (SRO) Qualification or Training.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related Science with 10 years of experience out of which 2 years
Click here to Apply Online