Provide leadership and expertise to promote Operational Excellence (OE) in the Research & Development Center. Provide designs and solutions for process improvements to achieve company goals and leading performance in reliability, efficiency, cost and profitability, and HSE. Lead OE implementation within the department, provide technical OE expertise, drive OE culture, assess OE performance, identify process improvement opportunities and provide OE awareness, training, knowledge and best practices.
This role will lead professional teams to implement best practices of excellence and leverage those practices across the department, as well as provide guidance and support to implement OE solutions across divisions with consideration to linkages and complexities among them.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Operational Excellence, Science, Engineering, Business, or Safety & Environmental Sciences. An advanced degree would be a plus.
• A minimum of 10 years of work experience in OE or a similar work environment.
• Fundamental technical knowledge and expertise in developing, implementing and coordinating comprehensive management systems, such as EFQM or BQA, and broad knowledge of ISO Standards (9001, 14001, 17025, or 45001), and SMS and EMS systems.
• Total Quality Management (TQM) certification and Lean/Six Sigma Certification is desirable.
• A record of presentations or publications on OE and management systems at local, regional, or international conferences or journals is highly desired.
• The ability to work with all levels in an organization and the ability to work with and direct highly diverse technical teams.
• In addition to in-depth knowledge of OE, the incumbent should have working knowledge of Safety Management Systems (SMS) and Environmental Management Systems (EMS) to effectively engage in integrated OE assessments.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Drive OE Culture within the department through effective engagement with management and employees.
• Develop and support the execution of the annual OE Plan and process improvement initiatives to promote and sustain targeted OE performance.
• Lead and monitor department OE implementation and performance against targets, using OE performance management tools and dashboards.
• Analyze OE performance using corporate methodology and tools to identify and prioritize OE implementation risks and gaps, establish mitigation measures, and instill lessons learned and best practices across the department.
• Mentor, train and coach performance improvement and transformation teams, OE team members, and assessment teams, as part of the development of OE subject matter expertise.
Click here to Apply Online