CNA-Q is the third largest post-secondary institution in Qatar, offering 34 advanced diploma, diploma, and certificate programs in a range of technical areas including Business Studies and Information Technology, Engineering Technology, Health Sciences, and Industrial Trades. In September 2020, the College started to offer its first Applied Bachelor Programs, which provide a high-quality mix of theory and applied analytical vocational and occupational skills and competences, coupled with career-oriented, practical education and training. There are 23 programs with international professional accreditation, mainly from Canada, the United States and the United Kingdom.
The School of General Education provides a range of introductory courses to all students of the College in subjects that support the academic structure of the diploma and degree programs. The academic program is designed around core courses in mathematics, natural sciences, English communication, global awareness, social sciences, psychology and other elective studies, aimed at developing an understanding of fundamental concepts and their applications.
The School of General Education invites applications for part-time faculty in English Communication, starting in August 2021.
Reporting to the Department Chair, Communications and Electives, you will deliver courses in English Communication to students enrolled in a variety of College programs. You will evaluate student progress and manage the resources of the learning environment. You will keep course portfolio documents required for program review and accreditation processes and engage in instructional development/improvement plans.
• Preferred: PhD in English, Linguistics (ESL, TESOL), Writing Studies, (Technical) Communication, Rhetoric and Writing, or a related program of study from a recognized, accredited institution.
• Candidates with a Master’s degree in these fields will also be considered if they have relevant teaching experience at the post-secondary or higher education level.
• A minimum of 5 years teaching experience in a higher education environment.
Other Required Skills:
• Candidates must demonstrate exemplary communication, interpersonal skills and native fluency in English.
• Knowledge and understanding of a variety of delivery methods.
• Commitment to applied and experiential learning as a pedagogy and a key feature of the College’s mandate.
• Knowledge of current teaching and learning methodologies and an ability to meet the needs of a diverse student populations.
• Digital literacy and demonstrated fluency in technology systems, and an ability to model and facilitate use of current and emerging digital tools to support teaching and learning, as well as research.
• Demonstrated ability to develop technology-enriched learning environments that enable students to be active participants in their own learning.
• Knowledge of Desire2Learn (D2L) and its programs, Zoom, MS Sharepoint, and MS Teams is an asset.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Collaborative and collegial spirit and a demonstrated ability to establish rapport with learners, colleagues, sponsor-employers, and members of the community.
Click here to Apply Online