SECTION I: JOB PURPOSE:
Under the overall guidance of the General Manager of the Trade & Business Development (T&BD) Department and the Division Manager of the Trade Development Division, and in direct supervision with the Division Manager of the Trade Development Division.
SECTION II: KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Develop a results framework. This involves the definition and finetuning of appropriate Program performance indicators, baselines and targets, and monitoring procedures.
– Develop, based on the existing system, a monitoring system. This involves the definition and finetuning of appropriate Program performance indicators, baselines and targets, and monitoring procedures.
– Manage the monitoring system on an ongoing basis, ensuring that it is up-to-date, complete, and provides accurate and timely information about the progress and potential bottlenecks at Program, Project, or Activity levels.
– Recommend, where necessary, adjustments to the results framework or monitoring system.
– Contribute to the selection of projects and activities presented for funding and implementation, focusing on the results framework and project monitoring systems.
– Develop the annual Operation Plan in collaboration with the relevant bodies and executing agencies.
– Manage execution of the activities in the annual OP that are the responsibility of ITFC and follow up status of implementation by other institutions.
– Lead and prepare relevant communication documents, presentations, reports, writeups, …etc
– Continuously, follow-up and arrange AATB participation in various 3rd party relevant activities and meetings and follow-up of matters arising.
– Respond to incoming/outgoing correspondence of AATB, including reports, documents, and communication.
– Maintain financials and coordinate with ITFC FD to conclude the FSs and audited documents.
– Provide technical assistance, high level administrative support and quality executive services to the AATB and the General Secretariat.
– Provide the required assistance in research and studies needed and requested.
– Provide executive summaries and analysis of such studies and reports as and when required
– Assist Executing Agencies and Institutions in developing project-level monitoring systems that feed into the Program-level monitoring system and provide support to project personnel with the monitoring system.
– Receive, review, and provide feedback on project progress reports prepared by Executing Agencies and Institutions.
– Prepare quarterly Program progress reports, as well as provide inputs, information and statistics for annual and other reports as per the Governance or as requested by EC or BoG.
– Assist the Board in providing strategic guidance and direction to the Program, in view of facilitating that its objectives are accomplished within the agreed time frame and resource allocations.
– Review and advise on any relevant matters for the successful implementation of the various deliverables of the Program and formulate recommendations regarding the project strategies upon review of deliverables.
– Contribute to the discussions with donors and other possible partners with a particular focus on results-based management and value for money to obtain additional resources for the implementation of the Program and assist with the resource mobilization.
– Prepare draft terms of reference for the Program evaluations and advise on the evaluation of the Program in due course.
– Assist with the communication of the Program, including virtual communication.
– Maintain regular relations and contacts with the relevant Government officials and institution representatives, in view of maximizing synergies.
– Report to the GM T&BD and undertake any other tasks as agreed with ITFC and the implementing agencies; and make recommendations for follow-on actions as necessary.
– Perform other duties as required.
SECTION IV: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
– Bachelors degree in economics, business administration, or equivalent.
– At least 5 years of experience in trade-related project management and coordination in developing countries, with consistent experience in the Arab and Africa regions.
– Proven experience in monitoring and evaluation of complex programs.
– Knowledge of technical cooperation programs of ITC, UNCTAD, UNIDO, UNDP or other donors.
– Good computer literacy with experience in project management and monitoring tools
– Excellent report writing and editing abilities.
– Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
– Business attitude and demonstrated skills in managing complex technical cooperation projects.
– Ability to work with minimum supervision with ethics, efficiency, competence and integrity and in harmony with people of different backgrounds.
– English, Arabic and French are compulsory
Years of Experience:
– Minimum of 5 years
Click here to Apply Online