Responsible for driving tourist safari vehicles on tours through the desert and wadis in the UAE, describing features of interest and ensuring the comfort, safety and general well-being of passengers and vehicles.
– Conduct automotive mechanical checks on allocated vehicle prior to the starts of a safari/tour and rectify any issues, or escalate to the Safari Operations Supervisor if serious in nature.
– Conduct checks on the vehicle to ensure that it is clean and in a proper state prior to the start of a safari/tour and rectify any issues, or escalate to the Safari Operations Supervisor if serious in nature.
– Conduct checks on the state and cleanliness of equipment (camp beds, sleeping bags etc.) prior to the start of a safari/tour and rectify any issues, or escalate to the Safari Operations Supervisor if serious in nature.
– Collect and drop off customers from/to locations as instructed, ensuring a timely departure as scheduled. Ensure any delays are conveyed to customers in line with Arabian Adventures service delivery standards.
– Take part and lead convoys as instructed, adhering to the detailed routes and destinations and ensuring the comfort, safety and general well-being of passengers and vehicles by adhering to all operating procedures.
– Ensure all safety regulations are adhered to and that correct equipment is carried in the vehicle at all times as per standard operating procedures.
Qualifications & Experience
10 Years schooling or equivalent
More than 3 years in Hospitality, Tour / Field Guides
Knowledge / Skills
– Valid UAE Driving license
– Certificate in tour guiding is desirable
– With experience working as a tour guide for a reputable organisation
– Basic automotive mechanical skills
– Knowledge of the environment and the tourist attraction sites in the UAE
– First aid certificate is desirable
Other languages besides English
1. Arabic spoken desirable
2. Knowledge of any other European language is desirable
Safety Sensitive Role: Yes
Details of Safety Sensitive role
– Hazards Working at height
– Exposure to hazardous energy systems
– Work in confined spaces
– Contact with human waste
– Contact with other hazardous materials
– Heavy lifting
– Work in a noisy environment
Hours of work Day/night ( shift roster) YES
Day hours only 12 hour working day
– Airport driving permit
– Driving passengers in a vehicle Yes
Salary & Benefits
Default text to be provided
Click here to Apply Online