Major Activities Performed
• Prepare calculations, system design and layout, technical specifications and scope of work descriptions.
• Prepare and review hydraulic models of pump stations, force mains and distribution networks
• Lead a city-wide initiative to organize, manage, perform, review the modelling of all wet utilities systems in the existing and future developments.
• Provide technical advice and guidance in all discipline aspects, specifically related to seawater cooling.
• Prepare Request for Proposal (RFP) documents with design concepts and schematics.
• Prepare conceptual designs, interface layouts and coordinate with other sections in solving conflicts.
• Provide technical assistance during pre-bid conferences, proposal evaluations, and post-award or other contract conferences.
• Review A/E contractor design drawings, specifications, and calculation submittals for technical adequacy and compliance to codes and standards and coordinate with the works of other disciplines.
• Review vendor/shop drawings and construction materials and/or equipment submittals.
• Provide professional field support to the Construction Management Department as necessary during construction phases.
• Prepare man-hour estimates and material takeoffs.
• Prepare technical correspondence, reports and studies.
• Interface with Architectural/Engineering Consultants and Construction Contractors.
• Provide inputs in value engineering workshops.
• Knowledge transfer and training young Saudi Engineers.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field from a western university plus minimum 12 years post-graduate professional experience.
• Western registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) or Chartered Engineer (CEng) is required.
• The ability to communicate effectively in English is essential.
• Specific technical requirements are:
1. Experience in preparing hydraulic calculations, computer modeling of water-cooling networks including thermal analysis is essential, with supporting experience in wastewater and irrigation systems, water demand analysis, and water system planning for existing and proposed developed areas.
2. Experience with water demand analysis, water tank storage requirements and AWWA guidance and recommendations.
3. Must have minimum 7 years of proven experience in the design of major water system improvements employing large diameter pipes (> 1.5 meter), preparing hydraulic calculations and analysis, design of tanks and pump stations, tanks and reservations, evaluation of water systems, water treatment facilities conducting various water studies for cities or municipalities.
4. Proficient in water modeling, water calculations and modeling systems, topography, earth work modeling, local drainage design criteria design of major water facilities, Fire code for storage tank requirements and design of water tanks.
5. Experience in working with local municipality or water district in the design of major water facilities and systems.
6. Proficient in water system development, water modeling standard practices and procedures and the water system management. Knowledgeable in the preparation of the Capital Improvement Program based on continued development of a growing city. Experienced in civil engineering design water lines, tank and reservoirs, pump systems and new water facilities.
7. Experience in design and construction supervision of large diameter pipe systems, pump stations intake and discharge structures would be an advantage.
• Proficient with the following software MS Word, Excel AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D, WaterCAD/GEMS, EPANET, Kypipe or equivalent water modeling software.
• Experience of working with AutoCAD Revit. At a minimum, good working knowledge of working in a BIM Environment (strong BIM Experience would be an advantage).
Bring your creative ingenuity to work with you
Our organization is a haven for innovative and creative people. As a manager, your feedback will be important on how we can meet challenges and surpass our own high standards. Your thoughtful approaches will not wind up in a “suggestion box” that’s never opened. Our diverse staff is a source for unique perspectives that make the process of innovation all the more stimulating, and the results more attuned to today’s inclusive markets. It’s no wonder that we’re committed to bringing diversity all the way up to the top.
Click here to Apply Online