The post holder is responsible for the delivery of general practice nursing services to eligible populations. The focus of this role is providing general practice primary care nursing services including screening programs and participating as required in aviation nursing services. As an autonomous practitioner they are accountable for the care they deliver and should demonstrate critical thinking and skill in clinical decision making in the management of patients.
– Independently run the general practice clinics which include but not limited to:
– Vaccination, Antenatal Screening, Dressings, Travel Advice, Cervical Screening, Ear Syringing
– Paediatrics Clinics (dependent on clinic, previous experience and/or qualifications)
– Conduct regulatory medicals and screening medicals as required.
– Interpret Laboratory and Pathology results and make appropriate referrals to a physician for abnormal results when required
– Independently process cervical screening results and accurately document the results in the medical record to ensure precession with recall requirements.
– Assess acute conditions presented to the clinic ensuring either definitive care by a physician when required or definitive care by nurse as relevant to the patients conditions
– Promote health to client group through education when required. Offer advice to patients on health issues either during the appointments.
– Continuously assess risk and ensure appropriate measures are taken within the practice to minimise risk by monitoring work areas and ensures they are hazard free. Practice Infection Control principles in every day practice.
– Actively participates in clinical audit and shows ability to multi task including data collection whilst running their clinics
– Ensure accurate and timely recording of all test results in to the medical information system prior to the patient seeing the doctor and alert the doctor of any irregularities in tests performed.
– Maintain continued professional development through research in the areas of Nursing and Medicine in order to maintain and build on evidence- based protocols for exemplary care.
Qualifications & Experience
– Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent) : Degree in Nursing
– Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing
– Medical/Safety.Nurse : 5+ Years
– Registered Nurse
– Experience in Primary Care or Aviation Medicine setting is highly desirable however consideration will also be given to nurses who have experience in Emergency Room Nursing/Critical Care Nursing as it is recognised that nurses with this type of experience will possess critical thinking skills.
– Paediatric experience would be an added advantage
– Eligible for licensing as a Registered Nurse with Dubai Health Authority (DHA
– Fluent in English written and verbal communication
– Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
– Ability to learn and develop competency in Primary Care Practice Nursing and Aviation Medicine
Safety Sensitive Role : No
Leadership Role : Yes
Salary & Benefits
Join us in Dubai and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary and travel benefits that are exclusive to our industry, including discounts on flights and hotels stays around the world. You can find out more information about our employee benefits in the Working Here section of our website www.emirates.com/careers. Further information on what’s it like to live and work in our cosmopolitan home city, can be found in the Dubai Lifestyle section.
Click here to Apply Online