Architect, design and communicate high-level structural and behavioural aspects of a system to enable and guide the design and development of integrated solutions that meet current and future business needs in alignment with corporate IT standards and architecture guiding principles. This necessitates engagement throughout the lifecycle of projects by taking full responsibility for the solution architecture.
– Uses appropriate tools, including logical models of components and interfaces, to contribute to the development of systems architectures in specific business or functional areas. Produces detailed component specifications and translates these into detailed designs for implementation using selected products. Develop fast and aligned IT architecture solutions that meet customer requirements. Ensure architecture is robust, appropriate and of high quality conforming to corporate IT standards and roadmaps.
– Leads the development of architectures for complex systems, ensuring consistency with specified requirements agreed with both external, and internal customers. Takes full responsibility for the balance between functional, service quality and systems management requirements within a significant area of the organisation.
– Within a business change programme, assists in the preparation of technical plans and cooperates with business assurance and project staff to ensure that appropriate technical resources are made available. Within a business change programme, manages the target design, policies and standards, working proactively to maintain a stable, viable architecture and ensure consistency of design across projects within the programme.
– Develop information, application and technology architectures for assigned projects with established Enterprise Architecture standards. Work closely with Enterprise Architects and Principal Architects in the development of technology advancements and adaptation of new technologies. Continuously watch industry trends, identify and evaluate technologies & tool that are relevant for our business. Showcase business value by executing Proof of Concepts by engaging relevant IT teams.
– Establishes policy and strategy for the selection of systems architecture components, and co-ordinates design activities, promoting the discipline to ensure consistency. Ensures that appropriate standards (corporate, industry, national and international) are adhered to. Effectively use architectural patterns and solution designs documented in the reference architectures. Promote reuse of solutions and services. Contribute to enterprise architecture repository.
– Guide and Mentor the solution development by guiding and mentoring the team through the entire development process. Advising when technically challenging areas. Understand and contribute to all design needed for the solution. Provide expert consultancy and coaching on these to project teams.
– Conduct deep dive architecture reviews of critical production applications together with Software Engineering teams. Provide architecture recommendations to short and long term improvement of application.
– Develop logical infrastructure solutions aligned with the technology standards. Work closely with infrastructure teams to ensure that the physical infrastructure designed meets project requirements.
– Work together with Senior Technical Engineers in the Software Engineering team to ensure design and implementation are in line with the proposed architecture definition. Work closely with performance testing team to ensure that final solution meets the agreed non-functional requirements.
– Collaborate closely with Principal Architects to ensure alignment of Information, Application and Technology architecture to the overall architecture principles, framework and guidelines.
Qualifications & Experience
Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent): Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or an equivalent IT related discipline or equivalent experience. Preferably higher level business-related qualification, such as MBA Preferably certification related fields
Experience in the development of distributed, mission critical applications in heterogeneous environments/architectures for multi-user systems.
Experience of detailed business system architecture and design Specialist experience in relate fields
Preferably technical leadership and architecture experience
Understanding of solution technologies such as Java/JEE/Oracle/BI/DW/ERP
Understanding of Architecture Methods, Principles and Patters (OOAD, GoF,SOA etc.).
Understanding of Architecture and design artifacts (Archimate, UML models etc.
Understanding of industry standard development methods (e.g. RUP, SCRUM)
Understanding of Open Source Frameworks ( Apache, Spring etc.)
Understanding of architecture capabilities (Rules, Workflows, Security etc.)
Leadership Role: No
Safety Sensitive Role: No
Salary & Benefits
Join us in Dubai and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary and travel benefits that are exclusive to our industry, including discounts on flights and hotels stays around the world. You can find out more information about our employee benefits in the Working Here section of our website www.emirates.com/careers. Further information on what’s it like to live and work in our cosmopolitan home city, can be found in the Dubai Lifestyle section.
Click here to Apply Online