Train drivers / shunters are sought during the testing phase of Riyadh Metro Project. They will not carry general public, but, they will need to drive the train at full speed on self traction, and/or shunt it at very low speed by push-pulling with special locomotives, under special constraints due to construction and testing conditions. Expert training will be given by Siemens until the train drivers / shunters can perform the following:
– Perform the daily preparation and de-preparation routine for the train(s) assigned to a train driver and shift
– Take part to the daily safety debriefing, with the Test Leader, the Route Movement Controller (RMC), the OCC (Operations Control Center) operator, the Shunting Team, and other involved team members
– Operate the train in each of the available modes (DM, RM, ATPM, UTO, etc.) depending on the specific situation and requirements of each test and shift
– Respect the train movement limits confirmed every day by the RMC at the beginning of the shift, or once inside the train, by the Test Leader, the ATS//CTC operator, and/or the Possession Officer (when one is on
– Always use a strict system of radio messages with the Test Leaders, the ATS/CTC operators, and the Shunting Teams, when requesting or proceeding with train movement
– Learn and apply the necessary procedures to fully immobilize a train, request powering off the tracks, detraining to verify absence of voltage and apply SCD protections, assist train crew in detraining
– Understand and apply at all times the operating procedures during test phase to handle special conditions on the track: permission to pass a signal in red, learning how to read the position of turnouts when full
automatism is not available, etc.
– Understand all the train alarms (displayed in the driver’s console), troubleshoot those the driver is trained for (doors, air conditioning, lights, etc.), and report the other ones for attendance by Rolling Stock or
– Familiarize with the route and with the characteristics of the train, until mastering braking distances, exact stopping points, locations and names of all signals and point machines, slopes and curves, areas of
reduced visibility, etc.
– Report any anomalous behavior or condition of the train: unusual noise, vibrations, not braking normally, error messages, etc., for their attendance by the Rolling Stock or Maintenance teams
– Operate train features such as powering on/off the train, changing cabin, changing driving modes, lowering or raising the 3rd rail collectors, opening and closing doors (electrically or manually), exceptionally
operating in reverse mode, etc.
– Assist as an in-cab driver in “non traction situations” e.g. when the train is being manually shunted by a mechanical shunting vehicle, and the Shunting Team Leader requests any assistance from onboard the
Company: Siemens Mobility Branch KSA
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Click here to Apply Online