The beautiful and culturally progressive State of Qatar is home to the world-class post-secondary institution, the University of Doha for Science & Technology (UDST). Internationally recognized as a comprehensive technical university, UDST is committed to high-quality, student-centered education. This commitment is reflected through state-of-the-art facilities, accessible and responsive technology programs, and strong partnerships with the industry.
With more than 600 staff and 5,000 students, UDST is one of Qatar’s largest post-secondary institutions offering applied diplomas, degrees, and master’s programs through student-centered learning. By providing training in a range of technical areas including Engineering Technology, Health Sciences, Industrial Trades, Business Studies, and Information Technology, UDST brings the State closer to the goals of the Qatar National Vision, 2030.
The College of Engineering Technology (CET) at UDST invites applications for the Teaching Assistant positions in Electrical Power and Renewable Energy and Automation and Control Systems engineering programs.
Reporting to the Head of Sustainable Systems Engineering Department, the successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery and evaluation of a broad range of lab based courses within the Electrical Engineering degree and diploma programs in electrical power and renewable energy and automation and control systems. S/he will actively participate in the design of lab instruction material, evaluate student progress and manage the resources of the learning environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for the inventory, monitoring, and maintaining of workshop and laboratory equipment within the specified program area. Teaching Assistants will work with other faculty and staff as required to provide an exceptional learning experience for the students. All employees are expected to contribute to professional and community life within the University and beyond.
A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or a closely related filed: specifically, in the fields of electrical power, renewable energy, automation, robotics, or controls ( A master’s degree is desirable)
• Preferred Qualifications:
• 5+ years of employment experience with a combination of experience as a practitioner/professional within the relevant discipline
• Teaching experience in a University setting, institute of higher learning, or industry training environment
• Additional Certificate, Diploma or Degree in Education (e.g. Post-secondary Education, Adult Education or Vocational Education)
• Record of successful participation/support in applied research projects
• Experience in leadership and innovation in technology-based projects
• Background and experience in electrical, electronics, automation and industrial control, industrial instrumentation and measurements, industrial networking technologies, robotics, machine learning, cyber security, embedded systems, Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), PLCs, DCS, SCADA, electrical drives.
• A minimum of five (5) years of employment experience as a practitioner/professional within the relevant discipline
• A minimum of three (3) years in training/teaching environment
Other Required Skills
• Commitment to applied and experiential learning as a pedagogy and a key feature of the UDST’s mandate
• Ability to design, develop, deliver, and evaluate authentic learning experiences and assessments incorporating contemporary tools and resources to maximize content learning in context and to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes identified in program outcomes.
• Digital literacy and demonstrated fluency in technology systems, and an ability to model and facilitate use of current and emerging digital tools to support research and learning
• Demonstrated ability to develop technology-enriched learning environments that enable students to be active participants in their own learning in classroom and Workshop environments
• Commitment to the effectiveness, vitality, and self-renewal of the teaching profession through self-driven continuous professional development and life-long learning
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Collaborative and collegial spirit and a demonstrated ability to establish rapport with learners, colleagues, sponsor-employers, and members of the community
• Ability to initiate applied research projects.
Click here to Apply Online