1. Directs and administers his respective Electrical Section at Interest including preparation of the Group’s annual budget and subsequent management of funds.
2. Ensures provision of an efficient, safe and economical Electrical repair & maintenance service in accordance with the Company’s maintenance policies and safety procedures.
3. Attends to urgent operational equipment failures. Prepares failure reports and includes recommendations to prevent such failures re-occurring. Ensures that the revenue loss caused by production deferment due to failure of electrical equipment is minimized. Ensures continuous improvement of availability through elimination of repetitive failures.
4. History – Records in Maintenance Management System details of work done, faults found, parts replaced, time spent by whom to provide future data for analysis or audit. Makes recommendations for future maintenance and repairs.
5. Trouble-shooting – Alone or with craft or IMI assistance, investigate possible or known plant problems to identify and provide potential solutions to availability, reliability or integrity problems.
6. In-house Health & Safety- Leads or participates in Daily Tool Box Talks, Monthly safety meetings, Annual fire and safety training, First Aid training. Medical check-ups, all to ensure the well-being of staff and plant. Other Duties & Special Studies – Participate & contributes in occasional ad-hoc working parties, investigations, HAZOPs, Compliance Audits, Electrical Safety Audits and Training.
Qualifications & Requirements:
BSc Degree in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent, eg: BTEC HND).
Associate Member of the Institution of Electrical Engineers (AMIEE).
At least 9 years experience in the hydrocarbon or petrochemical processing industry.
At least 3 years in a supervisory capacity associated with electrical operation & maintenance of heavy power equipment, generation, distribution, large motors etc.
At least 2 years experience as a ‘senior authorized person’ with responsibility for switching, isolating and testing high voltage equipment up to 11 kV.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry: Oil and Gas / Energy / Power / Infrastructure
Functional Area: Other
Employment Type: Permanent Job, Full Time
Desired Candidate Profile
Education:UG -B.Tech/B.E. – Any Specialization, Electrical, B.Sc – Any Specialization
PG – Post Graduation Not Required
The Bahrain Petroleum Company (BAPCO), wholly owned by the Government of Bahrain, is engaged in the oil industry including exploration and prospecting for oil, drilling, production, refining, distribution of petroleum products and natural gas, sales and exports of crude oil and refined products.
The company owns and operates a 250,000 barrels-a-day refinery, storage facilities for more than 14 million barrels, a marketing terminal and a marine terminal for its petroleum products.
Recruiter Name:Mr Khalid Al-Shaalan
Please click here to Apply Online