Organise and conduct UAE General Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA) Civil Aviation Regulations (CAR) 66 Basic Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Licence (AMEL) program and Ab-Initio training courses. Conduct all module and sub-module examinations as per CAR 66 Basic AMEL and any examination conducted by CAR 147 organisation. Organise and conduct practical element of the Basic training in the Engineering Training workshop.
– Conduct General Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA)/European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) approved ab- initio classroom instruction for Trainees to enable them to acquire accredited Basic Aircraft Maintenance Engineers Licence.
– Establish and conduct programmes for Trainees. Co-ordinate with the Engineering Basic Training Manager (EBTM) to ensure the availability of instructional resources to conduct the programmes.
– Conduct practical training sessions in Basic technical skill workshop covering fitting, sheet metal work, welding (soldering), composite repair and machining, Engine shop, Airframe systems shop and Skill shop.
– Ensure discipline, monitor welfare and progress of individual trainees/apprentice mechanics and counsel them as and when required to achieve the training objectives. Also recommend appropriate capability/ disciplinary action if required to Engineering Trainees Manager.
– Comply with GCAA and EASA Safety standards and regulations when conducting practical Training element.
– Analyse post course evaluation to determine training effectiveness and suggest to Engineering Basic Training Manager (EBTM) any changes or improvements required during the regular meetings with EBTM.
– Coordinate with EK Engineering different departments such as Overhaul workshops, Line and Base Maintenance during the trainees posting.
– Coordinate with the Examiantion Training Manager and the Examiantion Unit as an Invigilator/Examiner and Subject Matter Expert (SME) for developing/organisation of new examination questions, examination papers and review/update of existing question bank.
Qualifications & Experience
Engineering.Other : 8+ Years
Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent) :
Hold a CAR 66 or International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) equivalent Aircraft Maintenance Engineer?s License and received Module training relevant to the subjects being taught OR Hold an Engineering Degree in Aeronautical subjects/ Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronic or BTEC and received relevant Module training to be taught OR Acceptable and verifiable previous experience commensurate with the intended scopes of basic training modules in the respective category OR Involved with teaching module 1 & 2, an academic teaching qualification relevant to the modules being taught is acceptable. AND Completed an Instructional Techniques, Train the Trainer or equivalent course from an approved training institute. Minimum 5 years experience within Aviation Engineering and preferably with at least 2 years experience in conducting CAR 66/Ab-Initio courses. Knowledge/skills: – Extensive knowledge of aircraft engineering maintenance – Familiarity with GCAA and/or EASA regulations as required – PC literate and full familiarity familiarized with Microsoft Office & Adobe Acrobat – Sound understanding of different training methodologies including Ms Teams or any other approved platform. – Strong Instructional skills – Excellent report writing and analytical thinking skills Details of Safety Sensitive role Yes/No Working at height Yes Exposure to hazardous energy systems Yes Heavy lifting No Working in areas with motorised mobile equipment Yes Work in confined spaces Yes Contact with contaminations materials (Humans/Animals/Chemicals) Yes Contact with dangerous good Yes Work in an extremely noisy environment Yes Work in heat Yes Working with pressurised substances Yes Exposure to fixed protruding sharp objects Yes Exposure to contact with moving/falling objects. Yes Airport driving permit No Driving a vibrating equipment No Other ( please specify)
Salary & Benefits
Join us in Dubai and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary and travel benefits that are exclusive to our industry, including discounts on flights and hotels stays around the world. You can find out more information about our employee benefits in the Working Here section of our website www.emirates.com/careers. Further information on what’s it like to live and work in our cosmopolitan home city, can be found in the Dubai Lifestyle section.Join our growing team and enjoy a competitive remuneration package, discounts on flights and hotel stays. Find out more about working with us in our website www.emirates.com/careers
Click here to Apply Online