Job Purpose Summary:
At the core of the station’s technical facilities, the senior MCR Engineer is responsible for the acquisition of live and recorded media via Satellite, Fibre and IP Technology. He/She manages the loading of multiple traffic strands on the AJMN fibre and satellite network and ensures the technical operational stability for the delivery of both News and Programmes incoming to the station. In addition, much of his/her work will be devoted to MCR systems and services incidents’ analysis, Activity Monitoring, taking part in the implementation of the preventive and corrective maintenance plans, taking part in the systems updates and upgrades thru assessing changes and risk on operations.
Contract Type: Freelance , 12 months contract
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
1. Provide 1st level support for various MCR sub-systems to maintain services ON AIR.
2. Ensures healthy operating conditions of MCR systems and services identifying service-impacting anomalies and alerting appropriate personnel as needed.
3. Analyze and diagnose systems faults/alarms occurrences, analyses services incidents, and reports to broadcast engineering and services providers as applicable and follow-up on rectification progress.
4. Taking part in the implementation of the MCR preventive and corrective maintenance plans, taking part in the MCR systems updates and upgrades thru assessing changes and risk on operations.
5. Communicate with the Facilities Section to coordinate the flow of incoming News or Programs
6. Operate the core technical facilities for the acquisition of live news via satellite, fibre or IP Technology
7. Undertake Quality Control and transcoding of all incoming streams or package transfers to Media Servers
8. Coordinate effectively with operators in the field to support remote operations via satellite, fibre, and IP networks.
9. Reports clearly in the booking system all issues observed during transmissions
10. Identify faults and take immediate preventative action to restore traffic
11. Undertakes routine testing, preventative and corrective maintenance of transmission systems and ancillary equipment
12. Provide technical operational and engineering support to other technical areas within the broadcast centre
13. Ensure Correct Satellite Access procedures are implemented on AJMN Leased space capacity
14. Ensure the monitoring and adjustment of incoming video streams according to the AJMN Broadcasting Technical Standards
15. Perform other duties as assigned from time to time by his/her superiors/DLM
JOB REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Electronics/Telecommunication/Broadcast Engineering
Minimum Required Academic Degree: Bachelor Degree
Experience: A minimum 5 years’ experience in a 24 hour news MCR environment, or working in a Media Technical department
Click here to Apply Online