Perform Licensing and Regulatory Affairs activities and tasks for the safe and reliable operation of the Barakah Nuclear Power Plant (BNPP) so that the Federal Authority for Nuclear Regulation (FANR) regulatory requirements are met and approvals obtained in a timely and efficient manner.
Licenses and Permits Maintenance
• Prepare and coordinate the preparation of licensing documents to ensure all technical and regulatory requirements are met.
• Prepare or assist in preparing routine license applications to satisfy all applicable regulatory and technical requirements.
• Review regulatory topics and develop technical and regulatory strategies to resolve regulatory issues associated with licenses or license applications.
• Review, prepare and submit responses to regulator requests for additional information to ensure accurate and timely response.
Licensing Document Development
• Prepare and assist in communicating licensing and compliance documents (e.g., reports, responses to questions, presentations, etc.) to meet all requirements and achieve desired outcomes.
• Coordinate and assist in preparing licensing documents in a timely manner to be in accordance with approved procedures and processes.
• Review and prepare presentations to address topics of interest with FANR.
• Assist in the development of and review regulatory processes and procedures for use by Nawah in carrying out the licensing function.
• Support the inspections by FANR by reviewing potential issues, researching licensing basis, participating in self-assessments and facilitating inspections by active interface with inspectors to demonstrate compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Review draft regulations and industry operating experience to identify emerging regulatory issues and support the development of strategies for addressing these issues. Suggest cost-effective methods of implementing actions to ensure compliance with new regulations.
• Participate in International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) functions or initiatives in area of expertise as needed to improve products and express UAE best interests.
• Interface with other regulators as required such as Environmental Agency Abu Dhabi (EAD), or outside organizations such as IAEA as needed to provide input or answer questions that are related to the licensing basis.
• Support the training and instruction to other departments as needed to ensure organizational excellence.
Health and Safety and Security
• Follow all relevant company’s Health and Safety policies, processes, procedures and instructions to ensure compliance in all aspects of work as per sound management practices. Apply these policies and procedures to self and others to ensure reasonable care of the health and safety of the employee; the environment; and various individuals who may be affected by the employee’s acts or omissions at work.
• Follow all relevant Security policies, processes, procedures and instructions to ensure security compliance in all aspects of work, by applying them on self, others and Corporate assets.
• Ensure compliance with corporate requirements for adherence to policies, procedures and instructions related to Crisis Management and Business Continuity in order to continue mission critical activities.
• Contribute to the development of UAE National employees in a manner which supports the objectives of the corporation and its Emiratization strategy.
• Contribute to knowledge dissemination/sharing in a way that assists with building internal capabilities of UAE Nationals where applicable and maximize their effective performance.
Excellence and Quality Management
• Ensure commitment to a culture of continuous improvement by eliminating waste, following operations procedures, practicing innovation, problem solving, and teamwork; complying with Quality Management System policies and procedures; providing and receiving constructive feedback, and striving to meet quality standards and stakeholder expectations.
• Ensure Commitment to the Nawah Fundamentals.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
• 5 years of relevant experience.
• Understands power plant operations and associated regulatory requirements.
• Analytical/ technical mindset.
• Understands the responsibilities with regard to the plant.
• Understands regulatory requirements relative to the modification of a nuclear power plant.
• Respect for Safety & Security
• Trust and Integrity
• Communication Effectiveness (Including English Proficiency)
• Teamwork (Especially Multi-cultural)
• Error Prevention
• Effective Decision Making
• Effective Partnering
• Performance Improvement
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
Click here to Apply Online