ENTER THE WORLD OF AVIATION TECH
Join the Emirates Group IT Innovation Team in Dubai
At Emirates, we know that tech never stands still. Which is why we’re at the forefront of innovation in the aviation world. We are looking for the best IT professionals with innovation mindset with robotics and Artificial intelligence experience. So bring your talent to the world’s largest international airline and join our IT team as a Senior Software Engineer – Robotics in our Innovation – Robotics & Tech Futures team.
What We Offer
This is your chance to work on challenging projects across different brands and businesses within the Emirates Group’s global portfolio.
Based in dynamic Dubai, you can enjoy all the benefits of a cosmopolitan lifestyle and a great work-life balance. That’s on top of a tax-free salary and amazing travel perks.
About The Role
The Senior Software Engineer – Robotics, is a fully participating member of an agile feature team working independently on software development and problem resolution. The role involves technical design, software development, implementation and maintenance software solutions/products that support the Emirates Group Business.
What You’ll Be Expected To Do:
– Work with senior technical engineers in the technical design process by contributing in the analysis of technical application requirements.
– Convert technical solutions for small-to-medium sized initiatives into low level design and working code.
– Independently write secure and optimized code through implementation of Emirates Group approved coding standards.
– Be part of the rotational on-call support and actively participate in resolving production issues within SLAs with minimal or no active supervision.
– Accountable for built-in quality and ensuring 100% unit testing as part of the CI/CD pipeline.
– Analyse and fix all identified defects with minimal rework.
– Ensure re-factoring practices are adequately adopted to ensure minimum code debt.
– Ensure logging and monitoring hooks are implemented as part of the code development.
– Continuously stay up to date in the relevant technologies and implement the learnings to enhance the code quality.
– Adhere to the Emirates Group IT coding standards, guidelines and best practices and contribute to Software Engineering Playbooks and other Standards documents.
Qualifications & Experience
Experience and Skills You’ll Need To Have:
– Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent) in a relevant field such as Computer Science, Computational Mathematics, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering
– Certification in SalesForce/Maximo/Full Stack Developer/UI Experts/ERP/MainFrame
– 3+ years’ Software Engineering experience preferably in agile ways of working
– Experience working with a range of technologies (please refer the ‘SWE Core Technology grouping)
– Developing software in an enterprise environment
– Testing concepts such as unit testing, functional testing and test automation
– Resolving a variety of issues using technical expertise
– System design tools as well as experience using technologies such as Java, Angular JS, React JS
– Designing simple applications/modules
– Strong agile Software Development skills
– Strong Systems Analytical skills
Skills We’d Like You To Have:
– Middle Ware technologies including Core Java/Microservices, .Net C#
– Database & ERP Technologies Oracle PL/SQL, ERP HR/Finance/P&L, Maximo, Salesforce
– Integration technologies Tibco/Solace/Snaplogic
– Mainframe technologies TPF-ALCS , Python, Wasola
– Mobile App development using native IOS Swift, Android
How You’ll Work:
– This is a permanent role based full time in our Dubai office
Emirates. Fly Better.
Salary & Benefits
Join us in Dubai and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary and travel benefits that are exclusive to our industry, including discounts on flights and hotels stays around the world. You can find out more information about our employee benefits in the Working Here section of our website www.emirates.com/careers. Further information on what’s it like to live and work in our cosmopolitan home city, can be found in the Dubai Lifestyle section.
Click here to Apply Online