As a key technologist in the DevOps and Automation team, help drive DevOps and Automation practices at product and program level. Engineers enterprise level technology solutions for CI/CD and Cloud automation through infrastructure as code, containerisation and config management. Ensure robust Cloud engineering and DevOps practices for solution planning, technology development, deployment, release, hyper-care and operations of technology solution. Apply Site reliability principles to ensure availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning and act as a bridge between development and operations by applying a engineering mindset to system administration.
• Lead the discovery phase of Cloud adoption/ migration by partnering with the Architects and Security to strategize well defined DevOps and Cloud engineering architectures.
• Lead the automation of change management, building resiliency, monitoring, capacity planning and emergency response for set of products that you are responsible for.
• Act as a lead for service reliability, scalability and performance for a set of products as part of system enablement team for Agile release trains. Primary lead who identifies and improves the lifecycle of products/services by addressing flow of value through the continuous deployment pipelines.
• Review deployment and operational environments, i.e., execute initiatives to reduce failure, troubleshoot issues across the entire infrastructure stack, expand monitoring capabilities, and manage technical operations.
• Collaborate with Release Engineering, Product Development and Security teams to develop change management strategies – e.g. canary-style deployments, pushing out new releases without interrupting services, and rolling back features that demonstrate problems.
• Enable automation of everything possible and ensure continuous deployment pipeline is always in good health and is responsible for the technical design and high-quality coding for technology products with built in quality and production deployment ready.
• Build, maintain and operate technical environments for software development, continuous integration and continuous deployment based on cloud application design principles such as 12 factor apps.
• Embrace DevSecOps principles to advise and architect security solutions with engineering and product teams, ensuring all technologies and projects are robust and adhere to security standards.
• Be an advisor to enable the teams to drive corrective, adaptive, preventative and perfective maintenance of solutions automating environment management, service management, infrastructure management and cyber security aspects of the systems
• Apply Site reliability principles to ensure availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning and act as a bridge between development and operations by applying a engineering mind-set to system administration.
Qualifications & Experience
Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent) in a relevant field such as Computer Science, Computational Mathematics, Computer, Engineering or Software Engineering.
5+ years of total IT experience in DevOps implementation and Cloud Computing/Migration (AWS, Azure, VMware, GCP) and Systems Administration, that includes a minimum of 2-3 years of working experience in one of the following:
• Enterprise level IT projects Cloud based technologies: PaaS, IaaS, and DevOps implementation (Git, Git Branching Strategies, Jenkins, Artifact Repository, Maven/Gradle/NPM, Docker, Shell Scripting, Python, Groovy, Go)
• Container Orchestration technologies: Development/Management/Troubleshooting (Kubernetes/OpenShift, HELM, ECR)
• Linux Operating System
• Infrastructure/Configuration management (Terraform, Ansible)
• Cloud Computing/Admninistration/Migration (AWS)
• Systems/Application Monitoring, Dashboards, alerting and analytics (Like AppDynamics, Splunk, Prometheus, Grafana, Logstash, Datadog)
• Application development
• Extensive Experience in architecture and support best practices in Hybrid cloud environment or Amazon AWS/Azure Cloud
• Exceptional knowledge in systems monitoring, alerting and analytics (AppDynamics, Logstash, Splunk, etc.)
• Hands on knowledge of build automation and continuous integration/delivery ecosystem: Git, Groovy, Maven/Gradle, Docker, Nexus, Artifactory, Selenium, Jenkins, Docker, Open shift
• Experience with infrastructure configuration and automations processes and tools: Terraform, Puppet, Ansible
• Experience in deploying and troubleshooting highly available, secure and reliable services with automatic failover using containers and container-orchestration tools like Kubernetes/Open shift
• Experience with issues facing large scale server environments
• Experience with Linux management tools such as automated provisioning (ansible, puppet, and razor), containers (docker), virtualization (VMware, KVM).
• Experience in Scripting (shell, python, Go)
• Skills for monitoring and automation
• Experience working with automation and CI/CD implementation for micro services architecture
• Hands-on experience on designing and building solutions that allow multi cloud environments
Ideal candidates must have broad understanding and exceptional expertise in one or more of these areas, based on business need:
Technology Domain Key Technologies:
• Clouds, Infrastructure Managers and Container Engines: Kubernetes, Docker, Openshift, AWS, VMWare, OpenStack, OpenShift, Helm, Azure, GCP, ECR, Quay
• CI/CD: Jenkins, Jenkins Pipeline as code (Declerative, Scripted, Shared Library), GIT, Git Branching Strategies, Jmeter, Gatling, Docker, Openshift, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Jira-Agile, Confluence, VRA-CodeStream, Azure Devops, AWS Devops, maven, gradle, NPM, Artifact Repository, Spinnaker, SonarQube, ShiftLeft
• Scripting: Go (Golang), Shell (Bash), Groovy, Python, Ruby, JSON, YAML
• Operating System: Linux (RedHat, CentOS) and Windows
• Monitoring and logging: Grafana, ELK, AppDynamics, Splunk, Zabbix, Prometheus, Fluentd
• Provisioning/Config Management and Automation tools: Terraform, AWS Cloudformation, Azure ARM, Packer, Ansible, Puppet
• IT Services Framework / Processes: ServiceNOW, Good knowledge/exposure to Change management, Incident management, Problem management, Knowledge management, Configuration Management, Release Management, ITIL Framework, Scaled Agile Framework
• Networking / Protocols / Components: Good understanding and knowledge on DNS, Routing, SSL/TLS, SSH, TCP/IP, Subnetting, Proxy servers, Nginx, CDN/Cache Servers, Load Balancers, Firewall
• Troubleshooting: Good understanding and knowledge on Heap/Thread Dump analysis, GC logs Analysis, TCP Dump Analysis, Network Packet Analysis
Good understanding and knowledge on:
• Key DevOps/Relbility KPIs and Metrics
• Infra Capacity Planning
• Effective documentation
• SDLC phases/Methodologies
Recommended: (will be valued,if available)
• Professional Certification on DevOps, DevOps related Tools, Systems Administration, Cloud,
Networking, Agile, SAFe, etc
• Published Blogs, Articles, contributions to OpenForums
• Representation in Technical forums
Leadership role: No
Salary & Benefits
Join us in Dubai and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary and travel benefits that are exclusive to our industry, including discounts on flights and hotels stays around the world. You can find out more information about our employee benefits in the Working Here section of our website www.emirates.com/careers. Further information on what’s it like to live and work in our cosmopolitan home city, can be found in the Dubai Lifestyle section.
Click here to Apply Online