PURPOSE & SCOPE: Jobs at this level are responsible for the review of enquiry documentation and the Scope of Work and for carrying out allocated duties related to the preparation, checking and issue of Engineering deliverables. This can include site visits and close liaison with the Drafting Office Coordinator. These role holders can be seconded to work as Project Engineering Coordinators based on the size and complexity of the assigned project. The focus will shift from one of deep discipline knowledge to that of coordinating the various engineering disciplines involved in assigned projects.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Receives allocated duties and reviews enquiry documentation from client together with Scope of Work to understand what is required. Raises queries where there is lack of clarity. Interfaces with other disciplines to ensure integration of activities.
• Creates drawings and document register to ensure all deliverables are accountable and completed on time.
• Prepares specifications, data sheets, SLDs, Interconnection drawings etc. – SP EL, AVEVA Electrical exposure
• Carry out Power System studies, Calculations etc.
• Coordinates with the Drafting Office Co-ordinator for the checking and issuing of drawings.
• Procurement Engineering activities which includes as a minimum – Prepares the MR, carry out Technical evaluation of Bids, Bidder technical correspondences, Vendor Document reviews, FAT etc.
• Undertakes pre-engineering site surveys in order to provide input information to facilitate detailed engineering.
• Provides reports on project progress against the approved plans and budgets, bringing to notice potential problems or delays and recommends solutions.
• Prepares material take-offs for Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC) projects.
• Provides input for the development of the Planning Package.
• Prepares man-hour estimates for Engineering deliverables at the estimation stage, for consideration in the development of the final bid.
• B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering.
• 6 year’s Engineering experience in the Oil & Gas industry.
• Competency in using Discipline specific software (SP EL, AVEVA Electrical, ETAP, PS CAD, etc)
• Exposure to interface with other Engineering disciplines activities.
• Competent with MS Office package.
• Good command of written and spoken English.
• Good technical knowledge and skills.
• Good Communication skills.
• Good planning & decision making skills.
Click here to Apply Online