To provide fleet technical management, continuing airworthiness management and technical support functions for Emirates fleet to ensure compliance to regulatory & safety requirements, reliability, passenger comfort and cost effectiveness.
– Provide fleet technical management, continuing airworthiness management and technical support functions for assigned section, ie Airframe, Structures, Avionics, Powerplant and Cabin Interior.
– Routinely evaluate manufacturers/regulatory authorities technical documents, taking appropriate actions and update internal engineering documents including Engineering Order and Special Engineering Workcard.
– Review in-service data (e.g Tech log, Pilot Reports, Defects) and implement actions to improve fleet, engine, component and/or system reliability and maintainability, including optimisation of aircraft maintenance programs.
– Deliver technical assistance and operational support in disruptions scenarios including the handling of technical/AOG, troubleshooting, aircraft chronic and deferred defects and technical delays.
– Carry out Emirates Engineering design organisational activities such as but not limited to development of standard operating procedures, in house repairs, use of alternate parts, deviations from manufacturing documents by exercising Design Engineer (DE) privileges of Part 21 Design Organisation as appointed by Head of Design (HOD).
– Provide support and expertise for acquisition of new Aircraft and end of lease activities
– Act as a technical liaison with Aircraft, Engines and/or Component Manufacturers and internal stakeholders (e.g flight operations, service delivery) to address fleet significant faults, defects, design issues and quality escapements.
– Provide technical clarifications/justification to internal stakeholders in support of cost optimisation, contract negotiation, repair and modification processes.
– Carry out project management functions such as but not limited to major modifications, retrofits, cabin reconfigurations and aircraft phaseout requirements including preparation of cost benefit studies or budget requirements on changes/repairs with recommendations/proposals for approval by management.
– Review and analyse technical data in support of department KPIs, highlighting trends and making recommendation reports/proposal for improvement.
Qualifications & Experience
Engineering. Other : 10+ Years
Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent) :
Experience in Engineering, Aeronautical Knowledge/skills:
– Degree in Aeronautical/Avionics/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering and/or holder of Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Licence for 5 years
– Related Aircraft Engineering experience.
– Should have a minimum of 8 years in Technical Services function of which at least 5 year of experience pertaining to Emirates fleet type/aircraft systems.
– Knowledge of latest technical developments and industry trends on respective systems.
– Ability to analyse and synthesise technical information for implementation in cost effective ways.
– Excellent drafting/report writing skills.
– Demonstrable experience in managing complex tasks and decision making in a fast paced environment.
Details of Safety Sensitive role Yes/No Working at height Yes Exposure to hazardous energy systems NO Heavy lifting NO Working in areas with motorised mobile equipment Yes Work in confined spaces Yes Contact with contaminations materials (Humans/Animals/Chemicals) Yes Contact with dangerous good Yes Work in an extremely noisy environment NO Work in heat NO Working with pressurised substances NO Exposure to fixed protruding sharp objects Yes Exposure to contact with moving/falling objects. Yes Airport driving permit Yes Driving a vibrating equipment NO Other ( please specify)
Salary & Benefits
Join us in a management role and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary. On top of our generous travel benefits, including discounted flights and hotel stays around the world, this managerial role also has an excellent leave and healthcare package. That’s on top of transport benefits, life insurance and more. Find out what it’s like to live and work in our fast-paced, cosmopolitan home city in the Dubai Lifestyle section of our website www.emirates.com/careersJoin us in Dubai and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary and travel benefits that are exclusive to our industry, including discounts on flights and hotels stays around the world. You can find out more information about our employee benefits in the Working Here section of our website www.emirates.com/careers. Further information on what’s it like to live and work in our cosmopolitan home city, can be found in the Dubai Lifestyle section.Join our growing team and enjoy a competitive remuneration package, discounts on flights and hotel stays. Find out more about working with us in our website www.emirates.com/careers
Click here to Apply Online