Open & closing dates
07/01/2017 to 06/30/2018
$28,545 to $41,368 per year
Pay scale & grade
GS 05 – 06
Multiple Appointment Types
Many vacancies in the following locations:
Relocation expenses reimbursed
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S., and excepted service employees.
Current or former competitive service employees, including:
- Merit promotion
- Career Transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL)
- DutiesDutiesPositions are located in: Manama, Bahrain; Aviano, Italy; Catania, Italy; Naples, Italy; Tirrenia, Italy; Vicenza, Italy; Rota, Spain; Sevilla, Spain; Ankara, Turkey; Incirlik, Turkey; Maps showing these geographical locations can be found at:Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens in the local commuting area who are current career/career-conditional Federal employees in the competitive service, individuals on Leave without pay; reinstatement eligibles; individuals on an interchange agreement; U.S. citizen family members as defined by the DODI 1400.25, Vol. 1232; military spouse eligibles; Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) eligibles; and/or 30% Disabled veterans may apply. All Veteran Recruitment Appointment (VRA) and VEOA eligibles may apply as well.Learn more about this agencyThis position can be filled at the GS-05 grade level, GS-06 grade level, or it can be filled as a developmental position and may have promotion potential to the GS-06 grade level. SCHOOL INFORMATION ASSISTANT, GS-0303-06
In this position, you will input and maintain data in the student information management system. Provide a variety of school administrative functions such as student registration, student attendance, academic records maintenance, tuition status and other related processes. Independently receives and acquires various data and enters into the student information management database to include new student enrollment, discipline and attendance data, school and student scheduling information, report cards and transcript information and athletic eligibility for all students.Who May ApplyUS Citizens and Status CandidatesQuestions? This job is open to 2 groups.
- This job is open to…
- Supervisory status
- Promotion Potential
- SCHOOL INFORMATION ASSISTANT, GS-0303-05
In this position, you will perform a variety of school administrative support functions, such as student registration, student attendance, academic records maintenance, tuition status, and other related processes. Enter, retrieve and manipulate data in the student information management system.
- Travel Required
- Not required
- This announcement may be used for the purpose of filling multiple positions throughout the school year. There is no guarantee if or when a specific position may become available.
- Job family (Series)
- 0303 Miscellaneous Clerk And Assistant
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this position
- See Other Information for details on ordinarily residents and dual citizens
- You will be subject to a background/suitability investigation/determination
- Male applicants must meet Selective Service requirements
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: QualificationsAdditional information
- Living Quarters Allowance (LQA) and payment of relocation expenses are not authorized.Citizenship/Ordinarily Resident Status: Applicants must be U.S. citizens and must not hold Dual Citizenship in the country they are applying within and who are not considered Ordinarily Resident under the applicable Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA). An ordinarily resident is anyone who has lived in the host country longer than the allowed number of days without being a member of the forces assigned, civilian component or a family member of either the aforementioned or who has obtained a work permit for any duration. Ordinarily Resident restrictions apply and vary depending on the host nation.Positions in Italy and Turkey: Selectee will be required to have a Visa/Soggiorno if the position is located in either Italy or Turkey.Selective Service: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see www.sss.gov).
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see the OPM ICTAP website. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
- Family member appointments will expire based on the sponsor’s rotation date. Family member appointments may not exceed two months after an employee is no longer considered a family member within the local commuting area due to PCS or divorce of sponsor or, in the case of a child, the age of 23. Family members are defined according to the DODI 1400.25, Vol.1232 as: For a military member whose duty station is in a foreign area, the member’s spouse or unmarried dependent child. For a civilian US employee as defined by section 2105 of Title 5, United States Code, the employee’s spouse, domestic partner, or unmarried dependent child, or unmarried child of the employee’s spouse or domestic partner. A family member must physically reside with his or her sponsor to receive family member preference.
- Dual citizens will not be appointed to positions within the country in which they hold dual citizenship. Citizenship eligibility will be verified prior to appointment.
- Locality Pay: Locality pay does not apply in the overseas area. Locality rates of pay in CONUS will not be used for pay setting when transferring to an overseas/foreign area.
- How You Will Be EvaluatedBackground checks and security clearance
- Security clearance
- Not Applicable
- You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.You will be rated in the following areas:
- Please indicate in your resume the duties of your previous positions which demonstrate your experiences with the following: Candidates should describe their experience, education, and/or training that demonstrates skill in performing a variety of functions in an automated system, e.g. data entry and retrieval, maintaining information database(s), etc.
- Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documents, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your score may be adjusted, including marking you ineligible for this position. External applicants will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, military spouse preference and family member applicants with Veterans Preference will receive selection priority over military spouse preference and family member applicants who are non-veterans. Internal applicants will be referred in alphabetical order.
- Click on link below to view qualification standard. http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/IORs/gs0300/0303.htmGS-05 position: In order to qualify for this position, you need one year of specialized experience at the GS-04 level. Examples of specialized experience include: performing a variety of functions in an automated system, e.g. data entry and retrieval, maintaining information database(s), etc.
- EDUCATION SUBSTITUTION: There is no substitution of education for experience at the GS-06 grade level.
- GS-06 position: In order to qualify for this position, you need one year of specialized experience at the GS-05 level. Examples of specialized experience include: performing a variety of support functions, such as assisting with student registration, documenting attendance, maintaining academic records, monitoring tuition status; performing a variety of clerical duties in an office environment, working with word processing software; and entering, retrieving and manipulating data in the student information management system.
- OR EDUCATION SUBSTITUTION of four years above high school. One year of full time academic study is defined as 30 semester hours, 45 quarter hours in a college or university or at least 20 hours of classroom instruction per week for approximately 36 weeks in a business, secretarial or technical school.
- Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit:
- Are You Qualifying Based on Education? A photocopy of all OFFICIAL college/university transcripts (front and back) must be submitted. To receive the maximum allowable credit you must include all transcripts (front and back) for each degree earned to include any additional courses currently in progress. Any transcripts submitted that are not in English or not official will be removed from the application and will not be considered. (Transcripts must be in English.)
- Selectee must undergo Background Checks IAW DoDI 1402.5 (e.g. Local Files Check, State Criminal History Records Check, and National Agency Check Inquiries). Employment in these positions is subject to successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet/maintain these requirements may be grounds for termination.
- You will be required to participate in Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer in accordance with DoD Regulation 7000.14R.
- Status candidates must meet time-in-grade requirements.
- Applicants may be required to complete a 1-year probationary or trial period.
- A qualified typist is required for this position (40wpm).
- Work schedules may be part-time, full-time or school year seasonal. Some positions are part-time with seasonal work schedules. School year seasonal work schedules include periods in a non-pay/non-duty status during the holiday, spring and summer recess periods.
- All requirements must be met at time of certification. You are advised to submit your documents promptly as part of your application package.
- All candidates must be U.S. Citizens and reside within the local commuting area where the position is located. Local commuting area is defined as the geographic area surrounding a work site that encompasses the localities where people live and reasonably can be expected to travel back and forth daily to work based on the generally held expectations of the local community. (5 CFR 575.203)
- Conditions of Employment
- Required DocumentsRequired Documents
- The following documents must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on Saturday, June 30, 2018 You are not required to submit a document if it does not apply to you.
http://www.dodea.edu/Europe/offices/hr/upload/PreEmploymentDataForm.pdfEligibility documentation may contain:
- Copy of latest SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, if applicant has current or previous Federal civil service experience.
- Applicants requesting Military Spouse Preference (MSP) must submit the following documents along with their completed application:
a. Military Spouse Employment Request Form (Form available online at:http://www.dodea.edu/Europe/offices/hr/upload/MilitarySpousePrefQ.pdfb. A copy of the sponsor’s Permanent Change of Station orders indicating authorization of dependent travel; or a Command Sponsorship letter, if you are not on the sponsor’s orders
- Applicants claiming 5-point veteran’s preference must submit a copy of DD-214 (copy member 4), Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty. Applicants claiming 10-point veteran’s preference http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf. Application for 10-Point Preference, as well as the required documentation indicated on the SF-15. Lack of supporting documentation will result in the agency’s inability to recognize veteran status for this announcement.
Note: Applicants WILL NOT be considered or rated if all of the forms indicated above are not included in application packet.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
- Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- — Transcripts, if applicable
— Eligibility documentation
- — Questionnaire
— All applicants must submit the Overseas Pre-Employment Data Form with their application. The form is located at
- A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Working for the Department of Defense Education Activity offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, life insurance, health benefits, and participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System. To find out more about the major benefits offered to most Federal employees, click here http://www.dodea.edu/Offices/HR/employees/benefits/index.cfm
For positions with temporary appointments Not To Exceed (NTE) one year, benefits may not be authorized.Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to ApplyHow to ApplyAgency contact informationPhoneEmailLearn more about this agencyOnce your complete application is received and as vacancies occur, evaluations of applications will be conducted. The most highly qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview.
- AddressDoDEA EUROPE
- Louis J. Despres
- Next steps
- Follow the steps below to apply online. Your application and ALL required supporting documents must be received by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on Saturday, June 30, 2018. Paper, faxed or e-mailed electronic applications submitted directly to the agency and not through the USA Jobs program using the instructions below will not be considered.NOTE: Your application/resume for Federal employment must include the following information in order to be considered for the position: — Total employment period, i.e., starting and ending dates (month and year) for each work experience, paid and unpaid, related to the job for which you are applying, including the hours per week. Also include a description of your duties and accomplishments, your employer’s name and address, supervisor’s name and phone number, and salary. If you are currently employed, you must indicate if we may contact your current supervisor. — Job-related training courses (title and year). — Job-related certificates and licenses (current only).Step 2: Follow the prompts to complete the assessment questionnaire.To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, complete this cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf using the following Vacancy ID: 1982087. Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144.If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the assessment questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire, and
2. Print this 1203FX form to provide your response to the assessment questionnaire: http://www.opm.gov./forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf and
3. Fax the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documents to 1-478-757-3144. Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
- Note: The numbering on the OPM Form 1203-FX will not match the Occupational Questionnaire. Section 25 of the Occupational Questionnaire restarts with number one; and after question number 14, it starts again with number one. When entering your responses, please continue regardless of number sequence. Applicants are responsible for ensuring their responses are transferred accurately. This issue has been identified and will be resolved as soon as possible.
- Note: To return to a previously Saved or Incomplete application you may use the following link: https://applicationmanager.gov/ .
- Step 3: Submit supporting documents. Submit the required documents specified in the “Required Documents” Section of this vacancy. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process.
- — Job-related honors, awards, and special accomplishments (give dates-but do not send documents).
- — Job-related skills.
- — Highest level of education completed.
- — Your highest Federal civilian grade held, job series, and dates of employment, if you are a current or former Federal employee.
- Step 1: Click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. It is essential that your resume provide sufficient information to substantiate your responses in the self-assessments vacancy questions. If your responses are not adequately substantiated by your resume, the HRO will amend your rating to more accurately reflect the level of competency that is indicated by the content of your resume.
- Fair & TransparentFair & TransparentEqual Employment Opportunity PolicyReasonable Accommodation PolicyLegal and regulatory guidance
- Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
- A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
- The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/473473800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.