The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related ITEMS UFS infrastructure, across many baselines, architectures and classification. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to customer and commercial practices, enabling mission success. We seek to build a team of system administrators who can perform multiple functions: we understand that people have specialties, but seek people open to cross training and willing to apply their skills in multiple areas.
• Workstation and Server support hosted in Win-7, Win-10, RHEL, Solaris
• Operating System and Databases Patch Management
• Desktop Image Management
• Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Support Services
• Home Directory and Profile Support Services
• Print, Fax and Scan Support Services
• Unified Communications Support Services
• E-mail Support Services
• Desktop Software Support Services
• Desktop Entity Support Services
• Domain Services
• Directory, Authentication and Account Mgmt- O&S – Expanded 12×5
• Domain Name Services
• Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
Operations and Support:
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
• Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
• Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
• Plans support around system transitions, migrations and infrastructure updates
• Experience in simple process automation, especially PowerShell and Unix shell scripts is helpful
• May support Enterprise test/data events, steering groups, readiness reviews, demos or TEMs, or write/update discrepancy reports, problem, incident or PTR tickets
• May be responsible for coaching and peer reviewing the work of other system administrators
• Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
• Provide Tier II & III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
• Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies, before and after maintenance events.
• Schedule and coordinate outages and perform maintenance
• Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
• Upgrade and configure system software that supports GIS infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs.
• Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
• Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
• Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
• Create and maintain documentation to help train employees resolve day to day issues and knowledge transfer.
• Identify and execute process improvements and other enhancements that improve operational efficiency.
• Strong communicator who shares information across stakeholders, including customer, program management and SMEs, vendor, external program POCs
The successful candidate will be largely self-driven and ready to independently evaluate system environments to identify needed updates or patches, then execute needed maintenance or change requests. The successful candidate will coordinate all changes with stakeholders and follow standard operating procedures, consistently. This individual will quickly raise-up any issues, blockers or concerns to help maximize system availability and lead time for any needed corrective actions.
• Security +
Education & Experience:
• Requires Bachelors Degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters Degree with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
Click here to Apply Online