Roles at this level ensure the provision of a safe and environmentally compliant work environment for all Qatargas and contractor personnel in an assigned area of the operation. This includes developing and monitoring procedures, delivering training programs and carrying out field inspections and audits. There is also a role in incident control and the subsequent investigation of causes, and preparation, review and assessment of statistics.
1. Ensures that safety equipment and facilities are kept in working order by developing and implementing preventive maintenance programs and associated procedures.
2. Ensures regular inspection, testing and maintenance of all fixed and portable equipment within an assigned area of responsibility.
3. Assist in developing and conducting training programs in SEQ related principles and practices.
4. Monitors and facilitates the activities of maintenance and construction crews carrying out work under permit to work system to ensure SEQ compliance.
5. Advise and assist in incident control during major accidents or emergencies on site, investigates incidents and prepares assessments and reports.
6. Provides work direction to safety, environment and quality technicians in order to ensure work requirements are met within necessary standards.
7. Coordinate allocation of adequate stock of safety and emergency equipment and protective clothing are available at all times.
8. Advise in formulating, developing and implementing safety programs, recommends improvements and ensures the availability of all safety documentation.
Required Qualification Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a Science discipline
Minimum 6 years’ varied experience in Safety operations within the Oil and Gas industries. Knowledge of all operational aspects of the safety environment or quality function. Proficient in written and spoken English. Computer literacy (MS Office) including the use of software applications. Developed interpersonal, analytical and planning skills
Click Here To Apply Online