The Administrative Specialist provides, coordinates, and/or administers complex programs or services with limited supervision. The Administrative Specialist may administer programs, coordinate or provide services, perform diverse and complex data management processes requiring proficiency with a variety of software applications and an understanding of the structure of databases and the information contained in the database.
* Administers programs or complex processes by having an in-depth understanding of the program or process, utilizing knowledge of applicable University, federal, or state regulations affecting the program or process, using advanced computer application skills, coordinating with others as needed to achieve desired outcomes, and providing reliable and authoritative information, reports, and recommendations.
* Administers, coordinates or provides services or specialized, detailed information to others by having an in-depth understanding of the body of knowledge related to the information or service provided, utilizing applicable University policies and/or federal and state rules and regulations and best practices associated with the services provided, and providing the service or information following the guidelines established by the supervisor.
* Accomplishes the required work independently by gathering and organizing required information, maintaining required records, evaluating various approaches to completing projects, developing tools and utilizing available resources to achieve desired outcomes, exercising judgment to make decisions, and assuring effective communication with stakeholders.
* Accomplishes objectives by coordinating with other areas of the University as needed and using advanced communication skills and an understanding of how to conduct business at the University.
* Facilitates workflow and the efficient use of time and effort by establishing processes, guidelines, and rules related to the program or process in coordination with the supervisor.
* Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
* Remains competent and current by attending professional development courses, software training classes, and attending training and/or courses as directed by the supervisor.
* Helps to ensure the overall success of the department by performing all other duties as assigned.
Click here to Apply Online