To lead the Connectivity and Transport unit. Advise management and staff on strategy and long-range interventions on portfolio, policy, operations and strategic partnerships. To conceive, develop and promote innovations in Bank Policy, operational procedures, project/program design in organization and management of operations in connectivity and transport in IsDB member countries. To provide advisory services and technical guidance in matter related to Transportation and connectivity. Builds, collaborates, engages with and nurtures a network of developers to ensure that IsDB follows best practices in project management and in development of sector strategy.
Strategic & Operational Planning
• Lead annual work program and budget preparation activities of the unit.
• Participate and contribute to the preparation of key strategy papers, new programs and knowledge product development to ensure the unit is contributing to the overall goal of the bank.
• Lead the analytical/economic and sector work (ESW) as well as sector dialogue during Member Country Partnership Strategy (MCPS) and programming missions.
• Provide technical input and lead the development, review and monitoring of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of the Connectivity and Transport Unit and Core Sector Indicators (CSI) in IDB financed projects in Member Countries to ensure the highest level of efficiency is achieved.
Policies, Processes and Procedures
• Oversee to the design, review and implementation of the IDB’s policies, procedures and guidelines relating to the education sector interventions to ensure alignment with local and industry standards.
• Ensure compliance with IDB’s policies and guidelines to ensure quality in the operational work of Connectivity and Transport sector as well as maintaining good working relationships with various clients.
Sector Portfolio Management
• Ensure quality throughout project lifecycle of IDB financed projects to ensure all projects abide by the high-quality standards demanded by the Bank.
• Lead and provide necessary technical guidance for project implementation and oversee preparation of Project Implementation Assessment and Support Report (PIASR), Mid Term review Reports and Project completion Report (PCR).
• Monitor project implementation in order to ensure of its successful implementation or take corrective measures if necessary.
• Lead the Connectivity and Transport Sector Portfolio Performance Review (SPPR) and Country Portfolio Performance Review (CPPR).
• Participate in Regional Network Meetings and prepare cost-benefit, socio-economic, financial/economic analyses of the Bank’s projects in the Connectivity and Transport sector to ensure the complete understanding of the Connectivity and Transport sector’s environment.
Knowledge Sharing & Innovation
• Provide technical guidance and insights to team members to ensure all team members are able to deliver efficiently.
• Contribute to IDB knowledge repository by documenting best practices and lessons learned.
• Share knowledge as subject matter expert related to sector issues to enhance a knowledge sharing culture across the Bank that would allow it to create more value.
• Use innovative approaches in conceptualizing, designing and implementing education projects and programs to ensure best practices are used and adapted to sector projects and programs.
Reporting & Communication
Oversee the preparation of progress reports on all project cycle related activities in compliance with the Bank rules and procedures.
Masters degree in economics, engineering, social development studies or related field.
Minimum number of years and nature of experience
10+ years experience in social development sector, 3 of which in multilateral development bank.
Experience in Transport and connectivity or related fields
Job specific competencies
Knowledge of Transportation and Connectivity trends in MCs and NMCs.
Knowledge in conceptualizing and managing Transportation Projects/ programs.
Analytical (sector analysis, diagnosis studies and country context analysis)
Result development management
Jeddah, Head Office
Travel Requirements:20% or more depending on requirements
Click here to Apply Online