To acting as a subject matter expert in Islamic finance, regulatory, governance and compliance issues as well as providing advisory, research and training services in Islamic Economics and Finance.To lead the development of Islamic Financial Instruments, products services to be used by the Islamic Financial Services Industry,
Strategy and Operational Planning
• Lead contribution towards Islamic Finance Advisory & Technical Assistance strategic objectives and annual business plan.
• Identify opportunities and manage Islamic Finance related initiatives that enable the Division to increase its impact on the Islamic Financial Services Industry.
• Conceptualize and manage the development of innovative and differentiated Islamic Finance products, services and solutions to different stakeholders.
• Assess new products and services being launched by the IDB to ascertain the minimization of Islamic Development Bank Group’s (IDBGs) exposure to risks.
• Act as a reference, focal point and subject matter expert on all Islamic Finance related matters within Islamic Finance Advisory & Technical Assistance in specific and IDBG in general.
• Manage delivery of Islamic Finance products/services and engage clients for the purpose of cost recovery and revenue generation.
• Lead Islamic Finance policy dialogue in coordination with member countries for development of the Islamic Finance department, promoting intra-regional Islamic financial integration and harmonization in coordination of the concerned departments.Study ways of supporting the development of •
• Islamic capital markets and undertake activities (in co-ordination with other IDB members and other stakeholders) required to create an enabling environment for the development of Islamic capital markets.
• Design and contribute to training programs in Islamic Economics, Banking and Finance
Research and Products
• Conduct significant research within the Islamic Finance sector and monitor industry developments.
Monitor and approve the development of new Islamic products and services offered by the market and the IDBG.
Supervise production of knowledge products, reviews, briefs, and updates on Islamic Finance issues as well as the projects undertaken by the department, independently and in coordination with other entities of the IDBG.
Oversee the development of Islamic Finance instruments, products, and services based on market and stakeholders’ needs, at multilateral, national, institutional or organizational level.
• Develop operational frameworks to support the expansion of the Islamic Financial Institutions including non-banking institutions such as Zakat, Awqaf and Microfinance .
• Track areas of growth and expansion within the Islamic Finance industry and explore avenues to support and reinforce these.
• Innovate in terms of governance frameworks, product development, service delivery and operational excellence.
Knowledge Sharing and innovation
• Supervise and provide Islamic Finance related technical guidance to less experienced staff members.
• Contribute and promote the role and efforts of the Islamic Infrastructure institutions for overall development of Islamic Finance.
• Provide Islamic Finance advice and technical services to peers and colleagues, divisions and departments in Islamic Finance related issues.
Masters in Islamic Finance or related field
Minimum number of years and nature of experience
10+ years of experience in Islamic finance advisory, 3 of which should be in a multilateral development bank.
7+ years of experience in Islamic Finance Services (with PhD in Islamic Finance), 3 of which should be in a multilateral development bank.
Job specific competencies
Advance Islamic Finance Advisory and Technical Assistance knowledge.
Advanced Islamic Finance knowledge.
Advanced analytical thinking.
Advanced communication and interpersonal skills.
Drive for Result.
Accurate and methodical.
Ability to work under pressure.
Islamic Financial Sector Development
Click here to Apply Online