Delivering business insight based on financial performance and being a key part of decision making. The Business Finance Manager provides financial analysis of strategic and tactical initiatives on a proactive basis in order to facilitate decisions that directly impact the profitability of that area. The support they provide assists the business in setting strategies and provides an effective business partnering support to assist with implementing projects.
Specific to Financial Planning & Analysis
To provide competitive advantage using the opportunity to un-cover savings both through sales increase, cost take out, cost avoidance and by channelling a range of service delivery options and process improvements creating incremental value both at a Corporate level and within a large division of an Organisation both directly and indirectly by performing an advisory role on all financial matters, support business in setting strategies and partnering with them to implement programmes/projects, providing planning, forecasting, financial modelling and analysis of strategic and tactical initiatives on a proactive basis in order to facilitate the decision making process.
– Develop a long term financial plan based on key drivers of the line department and their respective business plan that targets organic and in-organic growth to top line, bottom line These are regularly updated, and kept current for implementation during annual planning and budget process.
– Develop business domain cash flows, test for its completeness, challenge the need for large capex by review of alternatives and then influencing prioritisation of cash spends on projects based on overall group cash flow availability. This information feeds into Group monthly 3 year rolling cash flow forecast exercise that generates discussion on own and loan funding needs at Group level.
– Drive relevant Business Performance Control mechanisms including the setup of KPIs, which are agreed with the business based on an established framework, modifying appropriately according to the specific challenges of the area. Agree 3 year rolling targets with the divisional heads and benchmarking against industry best practices and trends to influence decision-makers to continually improve financial performance and productivity.
– Provide high level advice and consultancy to the business in its detailed annual planning and budget process, aligning this to the rolling three year targets whilst ensuring that cost is optimised and revenue earning opportunities enhanced. Ensure that the annual budget is implemented in every area of responsibility in line with corporate timelines and to highest quality.
– Initiate sustainable profit improvement projects in agreement with the businesses and project manage these initiatives to ensure cost reduction, cost avoidance and income enhancements as appropriate resulting in driving continuous changes to the processes and practices;
– Develop and maintain a structured Corporate Governance system and commitment control processes to minimise financial exposure, by identifying risk factors and establishing a business control framework. Develop financial awareness within the business through continuous learning sessions imparted to the key decision makers and senior managers, enriching job knowledge and business expertise in the use of financial drivers, submission of business cases using discounted cash flow techniques.
– Perform complex decision analysis of various strategic initiatives, to influence the key stakeholders by challenging critical assumptions where appropriate through Vice President Business Finance/Vice President Mergers & Acquisitions, and sign up partnering the business in post decision implementation. As a member of the Quality Review Board for new IT capex projects, ensure the various proposals are tested for its completeness, quality, and consistency.
– Establish and deliver performance monitoring reports, with an escalation process, covering new proposals, approved projects during the implementation stage, follow up on key business decisions and their financial results, so as to ensure a proactive steer for continuous business improvement and optimisation of ROI.
– Establish and monitor processes to proactively facilitate evaluation, decision support, implementation and performance management of investments, joint ventures (including representing the company at Board Meetings and provide key inputs to the company nominated directors) and partnership proposals and projects initiated by the business. The job holder will work closely as a team member with the business, legal and cross functional support teams internally and with external stakeholders such as auditors, legal consultants, suppliers, customers, IATA forums and senior managers in the industry to meet this objective.
– Ensure that the performance and development of all employees managed by the jobholder are managed in a timely and effective manner which will develop their competence, style and influencing capabilities.
Specific to Financial Planning & Analysis
– Develop a long term 3 year financial plan including cash flows on a rolling basis based on key drivers and use this for annual budgeting ensuring the key financial indicators have the desired stretch, growth.
– Drive delivery of Financial Business Performance, Productivity and Control mechanisms through regular Management Reporting at Board level, follow ups with LOB heads ensuring course correction and leveraging opportunities pro-actively.
– Influence initiation of profit improvement projects in agreement with the businesses and programme manage these initiatives to ensure cost reduction, cost avoidance and income enhancements as appropriate resulting in driving continuous changes to the processes and practices.
– Lead the Shared Services functions, influence to maintain cutting edge IT systems/Governance processes and Drive transformation through IT digital leveraging data science, BI, AI, ML, Robotics and predictive technologies in businesses to increase effectiveness and efficiency, thereby enhancing competitive advantage;
– Develop and maintain adherence to Corporate Governance system and commitment control processes to minimise financial exposure, by identifying risk factors and assisting LOB heads in establishing a business control framework. Establish and monitor processes to proactively facilitate evaluation, decision support, implementation and performance management of investments, joint ventures, divestment (including representing the company at Board Meetings and provide key inputs to the company nominated directors) and partnership proposals ensuring ROI pursued, tracked and realised.
– Develop financial awareness within business through continuous learning sessions imparted to the key decision makers and senior managers enriching job knowledge and business expertise in the use of financial drivers, submission of business cases using discounted cash flow techniques.
Qualifications & Experience
Finance & Business Finance Manager 10+ Years
Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent)
Degree plus relevant professional qualification i.e. MBA or Qualified accountant
Experience in a similar capacity-leading a function within a Finance department at a management level in a large, multi-national organisation.
Click here to Apply Online