This position is responsible for providing overall leadership for major clinical service functions within Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi (CCAD) and ensuring that all clinical services are delivered in the most cost-effective, highest quality manner and consistent with short and long-term strategic goals of CCAD. This position will serve as a key senior leader for 14 Clinical Institutes at CCAD.
The Executive Director of Clinical Operations (SDCO) will also be charged with identifying creative solutions and best practices to achieve efficient and effective practice operations including clinical quality, patient access/throughput, patient satisfaction, and financial performance. The person must be comfortable operating in an extremely fluid environment that requires independent judgment in maintaining effective relationships with a variety of clinical and non-clinical constituents, including physicians at all levels of the organization.
This position is responsible for working with leadership to craft the vision as well as assist in the implementation of CCAD’s structure for clinical activities. The Senior Director will work closely with the executive leadership of CCAD, Senior leadership of the Cleveland Clinic and new members of the medical staff and its leadership to develop the bylaws of the organization, committee structure and responsibility matrices, reporting lines, policies and procedures, clinical areas of responsibility and clinical budgetary structure in furthering the mission of CCAD.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Oversees the execution of CCAD clinical operating roles and responsibilities modeled after Cleveland Clinic. Develops detailed operational and financial plans to execute CCAD clinical strategies.
– Standardize operations across all of the 14 Institutes/Departments; Optimize performance of Clinical Services (dashboards & performance management); effectively develops processes, workflows, and systems to measure and track performance. Develops the structure, function, responsibilities and membership of Clinical Committees
– Plans and organizes all functional work groups in a way that provides high efficiency and quality to both internal and external customers
– Plans long-term projects that enhance accessibility, cost effectiveness and quality of patient services and support CCAD growth goals
– Serves as an ex-officio member of all medical staff committees ( Ambulatory, Inpatient & Surgical/Procedural)
– Serves as a member of the Medical Executive Committee, Operational Council and other CCAD committees as requested
– Manages Institute/Department Administrators; Recruits, hires, trains Institute/Department Administrators in partnership with HR
– Manages Clinical Operations Analysts; Recruits, hires, trains Clinical Operations Analyst in partnership with HR.
– Develop interdisciplinary annual performance review process for Institute/Department Administrators; Organize leadership development activities and succession plans for non-physician Institute/Department staff to act as a steward in the design and implementation of organizational processes and practices that promotes the direction and strategy for recruitment and retention of physicians to support the mission of CCAD.
– Working with leadership, clinical and administrative staff, the Senior Director provides well-managed processes with clear lines of responsibility and accountability within and between departments and administration. The Senior Director will promote favorable customer relationships and coordinates service related issues of the medical staff.
– Directs the development of short and long-range objectives, budgets and recruitment plans for CCAD. This position oversees operations, application and implementation of established policies and acts as a liaison with medical staff, departments, for effective recruitment and retention of medical staff.
– The incumbent presents to the leadership periodic reports reflecting the operations, long and short term plans, professional services, and financial activities for The Office of Physician Staff Affairs and other special reports as necessary.
– This position ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations governing health care delivery and with all appropriate accrediting inspecting agencies (i.e. JCAHO) by continually monitoring the operation of services and programs, and initiating changes as necessary.
– Physician Ombudsman; address and listen to concerns about physician rights as part of the medical staff. Serve as a non-partisan steward that allows staffs too lodge complaints against another member of the medical staff team. Provide and guide information regarding the complaint process. Provide and guide on advice and resolution to any complaints.
– Minimum of eight (8) years of health care experience is required
– Demonstrated ability to manage clinical operations in ambulatory, acute care and perioperative settings.
– Previous experience as an Director, or above, is preferred
– Strong leadership abilities and a demonstrated track record of success leading providers in a complex health care environment
– Demonstrated ability to effectively lead a clinical transformation initiative in a team-centric environment
– Strong organizational skills and ability to champion the Cleveland Clinic model of care
– Strong oral and written communication skills
– Ability to speak and write in English is required
– Ability to speak and write in Arabic is preferred
– Health care industry experience is required
– Master’s degree in Health Care or Medical Administration or Public Health, or related field, is required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Typical physical demands include: a high degree of manual dexterity to sufficiently perform computer functions on a keyboard, produce materials on a PC and operate basic office equipment, normal or corrected vision and hearing, extensive sitting and/or walking, mobility sufficient to visit with departments or employees throughout CCAD and lift up to 30 lbs.
ORGANIZATION-WIDE COMPETENCY ASSESSMENT REQUIREMENTS
All employees will embrace the CCAD mission, vision and values and be responsible for adhering to the core values of the institution, including: Patient’s First, Collaboration, Mutual Respect, Quality, Patient Safety, Integrity, Cultural Sensitivity and Compassion.
All employees are also expected to meet the standards of performance outlined in the Organization-Wide Competencies listed below as applied to the position.
Customer Service Orientation includes attitude, behavior, interpersonal skill and problem solving that enable an employee to respond to internal and external customer needs and expectations in a positive manner. Adaptability including teamwork, flexibility needed to fulfill job responsibilities, adapting to changes in work environment and accepting supervisory feedback. Efficiency and Effectiveness includes quantity and quality of desired work, as well as organization skills necessary to perform successfully. Essential Job Requirements includes adherence to all relevant policies, procedures and guidelines affecting the work environment, as well as maintenance of required competencies and communication skills. Managerial Responsibilities includes overall accountability for assigned work group relative to operational goals, personnel requirements and budgetary constraints.
Click Here To Apply Online