Responsible for delivering flying training instruction on single engine aircraft, to ab-initio pilot cadets, at the Emirates Flight Training Academy. Instruction includes in-aircraft, in-simulator and on-ground instruction, preparation of lessons, pre-and post-flight briefings, report writing and assessment.
– Provide training and flying instruction to cadets for flying aircrafts.
– Conduct and deliver pre and post flight training briefings to ensure cadets understand the process and procedure fully.
– Conduct and deliver flying skills training in aircraft, simulator, and ground instruction to ensure that the cadets meet the prescribed standards of flying.
– Schedule regular checks for cadets to ensure that they meet the course standards, training requirement, and objectives in every flight course.
– Ensure the safety of the cadets prior to using the training aircrafts and report incidents to the concerned personnel for any violations and situations that may affect the safety of the flight.
– Monitor cadet’s proficiency and progress on regular basis, and generate reports of their performance.
– Research, develop, and recommend new teaching methods to have an effective standard of learning and performance.
– Deliver other flying-related training initiatives as directed by CFI.
Qualifications & Experience
– Ab-initio flying instructional experience in a large ATO.
– Minimum 700hrs Total Time, 350hrs Instructional time, preferable 200hrs IFR time.
– Minimum GCAA or any ICAO Commercial Pilot License (CPL) or Airline Transport Pilot License (ATPL) with a Single Engine Class Rating.
– Minimum Flight Instructor Rating with Night and Instrument privileges.
– Class 1 Medical Certificate without restrictions.
– ICAO English Language Proficiency level 5 or greater.
– Exceptional instructional technique, with an understanding of a broad range of teaching methodologies
– High computer literacy
Please make sure you attach the following documents to your online application:
– CPL/ATPL License or Certificate
– Class 1 Medical Certificate with no limitations (except visual corrections)
– Last 3 pages of logbook
– ICAO English Language Proficiency Certificate*
– No-incident/accident certificate issued by a Civil Aviation Authority*
*If you are not able to supply these documents at present, please note that you will be asked to present them upon joining Emirates Flight Training Academy.
Salary & Benefits
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE. The Dirham is linked to the Special Drawing Right of the International Monetary Fund and it has been held constant against the US dollar since the end of 1980 at a mid-rate of approximately US$1=Dh3.66. Besides generous travel benefits normally associated with an airline, this managerial role also has excellent leave and health care packages, accommodation, power and water paid for, along with transport benefits, life insurance and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers. By viewing the ‘Dubai Lifestyle’ section in the careers website you can also consider the many benefits of Dubai as a location to live and work in.
Click here to Apply Online