The Head of Safety develops a divisional safety continuous improvement strategy and strategic objectives that supports dnata corporate annual and 5 year targets for safety while demonstrating due diligence and risk reduction to a level of (as low as reasonably practical) ALARP, Provides safety direction and guidance to the departments and/or businesses in the implementation of the Integrated Management System (IMS) and deployment across the division by establishing proactive measures needed to reduce employee, contractor and customer exposures to risk. The Head of Safety establishes mechanisms to monitor compliance to safety standards and stakeholder requirements that supports business leaders to devise and implement plans for closing gaps. Guide and collaborate with business leaders of the solutions which will eliminate the contributing exposures (conditional, cultural and/or behavioural in their nature) in the case of significant occurrences.
Integrated Management System
– Develop and execute strategic plans for roll out and implementation of the IMS across Division and businesses and provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) to leaders on safety related matters
– Conduct annual reviews and loss control, trending and evaluation to identify key areas for performance improvement
– Develop annual safety improvement plans to support the strategic objectives of dnata
– Liaison with key stakeholders, both internal and external to represent dnata safety interests
– Act as a key liaison between the dnata Corporate Safety & Standards department and division leadership team
– Establishes safety risk mitigation, monitoring and tracking programs to support the business objectives and corporate vision
– Establishes the dnata corporate incident management practices and programs across the division to support the divisional lessons learned and continuous improvement
– Provides data, trends, reports and updates on performance, mitigation plans and progress to support in Safety Board meetings and be an active member on the International Safety Board
– Ensures that all practices, processes, policies, and training comply with the requirements of applicable legislative and industry requirements (Civil Aviation Authority, International Air Travel Association, International Civil Aviation Organisation), internal requirements (Integrated Management System, Occupational Health & Safety Assessment Series 18001), and customer requirements.
– Develops divisional emergency response capabilities, crisis management and business continuity plans to support unplanned or potential events that may negatively impact dnata operations or business
– Establishes hazard identification, observation and mitigation programs that will allow the operations to implement and monitor a hazard register for all identified hazards and subsequent hazard control plans arising from injuries, accidents, near misses, audits, workplace inspections, safety observations and staff
– Liaises with and advises key stakeholders ( airport authorities, and customer airlines) on operational safety related issues and practices, in order to proactively influence operational decisions which may impact the safe operations of dnata at concerned Airports
– Communicates dnata HSE policies, standards, procedures and practices to our own people, stakeholders and customers and ensures that the HSE issues are managed in accordance with company and regulatory requirements
– Divisional implementation of the dnata global health program including Minimum Health Management Standards, (MHMS), health monitoring and reporting as well as occupational health & hygiene risk mitigation
– Divisional implementation, monitoring and reporting on the dnata Global Security Management System with an emphasis on assets, personnel and facilities
– Implements the dnata environmental risk management program that identifies environmental risks to the division, environmental impact assessments and effective mitigation, monitoring and risk reduction measures
– Develops proactive environmental impact reduction measures in line with corporate directives to reduce the environmental impact as a result of our operations such as waste reduction, emissions, re-use, recycle etc.
– Manages effective achievement of division objectives through managing the department by setting individual objectives, managing performance, developing and motivating staff, provision of formal and informal feedback and appraisal ? in order to maximise subordinate and departmental performance
– Maintains a leading role in coaching leadership teams and others on loss prevention and risk management principles
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Qualification:- Master’s degree or equivalent in an appropriate HSE, engineering, scientific, technical or related field
– Holder of International Risk Manager Certificate or International Quality Auditor Certificate or holder of a professional safety qualification from an International Safety Institution such as the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health(IOSH), National Education Board of Safety and Health(NEBOSH). CSP, CRSP
– 12+ years’ experience in a HSE Management capacity (ideally in a heavy industry, manufacturing or process environment) and/or corporate health/safety/environment/quality
– 5 years field experience executing, monitoring or supporting health, safety, environment or quality functional activities
– Relevant experience in accident and incident investigation focussing on exposure elimination Knowledge and Skills:
– Advanced building relationships, communication, problem solving, and negotiation Skills
– Advanced knowledge of HSE or integrated management systems including auditing processes with broad HSE knowledge.
– Advanced knowledge in HSE continuous improvement – Advanced data collection and analyses skills – Advanced managerial skills – Flexibility to travel as necessary to execute the responsibilities of the position
SALARY & BENEFITS
Join us in a management role and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary. On top of our generous travel benefits, including discounted flights and hotel stays around the world, this managerial role also has an excellent leave and healthcare package. That’s on top of transport benefits, life insurance and more. Find out what it’s like to live and work in our fast-paced, cosmopolitan home city in the Dubai Lifestyle section of our website www.emirates.com/careersJoin our growing team and enjoy a competitive remuneration package, discounts on flights and hotel stays. Find out more about working with us in our website www.emirates.com/careers
Click here to Apply Online