Create a global ground handling strategy, set objectives and identify opportunities for the outstations (including self-handling opportunities and handling of other airlines). Additionally, the job holder will set criteria and standards for selection of Ground Handling Agents (GHAs) at new and existing stations, ensuring comprehensive performance measuring and bench marking mechanisms are in place to report on performance against budgeted costs, pre-set productivity standards, revenue targets, service quality, safety and security.
– Fully accountable for annual revenue, capital and cost budgeting, ensuring that the global airport services operation delivers maximum efficiency during the year, through the available resources.
– Plan long-term regional strategies and country priorities together with the Senior Regional Managers Airport Services (SRMAS). Forecast possible operating scenarios (especially where they include new aircraft types like Boeing 787, A330, A350 potentially forming our fleet in the coming years), organise region or country specific feasibility studies and negotiate with local authorities at airports for developing and upgrading infrastructures, facilities and systems. Accordingly, drive product enhancements, service and productivity improvements, ensuring positive product differentiation and brand loyalty.
– The job holder will be the signatory on all ground handling agreements with third parties and will ensure comprehensive assessments are done against demanding criteria for the selection of GHAs at the outstations. Monitor and analyze overall GHA SLA compliance, ensure contractual terms and conditions are met, and held accountable for non-adherence to the contracts.
– Set up dynamic measurement and reporting mechanisms to monitor network wide service delivery performance and aircraft punctuality against Emirates standards and processes. Provide monthly reports on the overall performance of the outstations in terms of costs, productivity, revenue, quality, safety and security. Ensure a regular analysis of results with a view to pro-actively managing emerging issues.
– Develop and implement a detailed and standardised document covering all dimensions of a station launch, so that this may act as a project guide for all Senior Regional Manager Airport Services (SRMAS). Through the SRMAS group, set up, implement and periodically review KPIs, Service Level Agreements and other performance targets for the GHAs at the network airports. Ensure that the SRMASs manage & mentor their respective station managers in delivering acceptable standards of performance and on improving the performance and productivity of the station..
– Liaise with the Manager Products and Projects Development (EKAS) and the Senior Manager Service Development and Business Solutions to improve the network wide product offering by constant evaluation of layout, process flow, facilities, technology enhancements, creation and update of policies and procedures at the stations. Recommend innovative product development or enhancement ideas, keeping foremost in mind, customer convenience and satisfaction.
– Accountable through the SRMASs for the overall employee performance and staff satisfaction levels within all operational units. This will include recruiting to the right manning levels and selection of the best possible skills, developing these through appropriate training programs and ensuring a continuous management of performance in pursuit of set business targets
– Manage a close working relationship with CASA, reacting to adverse customer feedback and facilitating suitable service recovery. Ensure a critical analysis of feedback from EK customers and also from regular internal service audits, with the intention of providing practical solutions to existing problems. Benchmark key airline competitor performance on the ground so as to ensure that EK Airport Services strives to achieve and maintain leadership status at the outstations.
– Ensure execution of the Group Safety policy and that all stations are fully compliant with safety standards, risk assessments and operate in a safe and secure manner. In accordance with ICAO and IATA prescribed practices and EK commercial requirements. Moved to accountabilities from the job purpose section.
Qualifications & Experience
Masters Degree (12+5 or equivalent) :
15+ Years experience in an airline, airline ground services or airport ground handling environment, out of which at least 8 years should have been in a managerial/senior managerial capacity.
– Working knowledge in all areas of passenger, baggage and ramp handling, and also departure control systems.
– Familiar with aircraft safety and security procedures, both from a local as well as an international perspective, as also with airline Passenger and Baggage handling procedures.
– Practical knowledge of all aspects of ground handling operations with an expert knowledge of drafting and executing IATA Standard Ground Handling Agreements.
– Working knowledge of International Aviation Safety Regulations and Practices.
Salary & Benefits
Join us in a management role and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary. On top of our generous travel benefits, including discounted flights and hotel stays around the world, this managerial role also has an excellent leave and healthcare package. That’s on top of transport benefits, life insurance and more. Find out what it’s like to live and work in our fast-paced, cosmopolitan home city in the Dubai Lifestyle section of our website www.emirates.com/careers
Click here to Apply Online