Overall Purpose of Job:
To provide efficient and effective organisational and secretarial support to the Principal. To manage and deliver activities, projects and processes that support the principal’s office with a focus on overseeing, managing and coordinating all communications and requests from stakeholders groups, parents and staff.
Secretarial and administrative support to the Principal
● Schedule meetings and appointments and maintain calendar for the Principal
● Attend and take minutes of meetings
● Translate school documentation as needed (Arabic – English – Arabic)
● Provide translation during meetings or via emails
● Proactively manage a variety of administrative activities, processes and projects to ensure efficient and timely delivery.
● Support Principal with printing, filing, photocopying, scanning and reports
● Assist principal with Budget preparation
● Produce regular, agreed reports and documentation as required by the Principal.
● Ensure the accurate communication of information to all stakeholders, data collection, school statistics, ensuring all required paperwork is completed and that information has been reviewed by the principal prior to submission.
● Proactively work with other departments and attend relevant meetings making a positive contribution
● Deliver and implement all activities to a high standard utilising knowledge or research of local customs, contacts, international schools
● Welcome visitors, parents, and students
● Answer and screen phone calls
● Support and manage information requests to students, teachers and parents
● Provide efficient and helpful responses to internal and external enquiries. Proactively handle queries and seek to resolve issues on behalf of ACS Doha
● Keep fire drill folder updated
● Prepare welcome packs for new students and parents
● Build strong working relationships with key individuals within school and organisation
Event Management – Meetings, Events, School Trips, PDs
● Events/ trips planning (Event set-up: Book venue, order food, liaise with support team, book buses, secure consent forms)
● Maintain calendar/ event planners for school/ division related events
● Clear petty cash and reimbursement system
● Purchase required items, stationary and classroom resources for the department as per teachers and principal requests
● Order equipment or furniture from the suppliers.
● Raise LPOs and submit to Finance
IT Platforms (PowerSchool, Seesaw)
● Monitor student’s attendance on PowerSchool daily; collect absences forms, update PS and notify teachers
● Coordinate the completion of enrolment/leaving certificates ensuring that leaving checkout lists are in accordance with the schools protocols.
● Effectively maintains information systems and files to ensure accurate, up to date information is kept at all times
● Provide parents with trip information and updates by email or Seesaw
● Work on PowerSchool Learning to help parents/students/teachers to update class list
● Keep student forms/records updated
● Update PS for leavers
● Upload non student specific data on PS
● LS: Prepare & Distribute pick up cards to the parents
Performs ad hoc duties as required.
ACS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as an employee of ACS you are expected to share this commitment. The protection of our students’ welfare is the responsibility of all staff within ACS International Schools and individuals are expected to conduct themselves in a way that reflects the principles of our organisation.
Knowledge and Experience:
● Education: University Degree/High school certificate
● Languages: proficient in Arabic and English
● Strong administration, organisation and IT skills e.g. strong skills in Microsoft Office (excel, word, PowerPoint) and Apple Macs
● Experience of working in a customer service environment or a school
● Can demonstrate ability to work on own initiative
● Able to take accurate notes at meetings
● Experience of liaising with agencies and suppliers
● Team player with excellent customer service and relationship building skills
● Professional and friendly with good interpersonal skills, able to deal with people at all levels and assertive when needed
● High accuracy and good planning/organisation skills essential. Good communicator, hard-working with a sense of humor.
● Able to deal effectively with high level of confidentiality, use own initiative and work well under pressure
● A positive ‘can-do’ attitude, eye for detail, a customer service mindset and excellent organisational skills are essential
● Adaptability to work within an opening environment where processes may not be set up or clear or may need developing
Based at ACS Doha International School. The contractual hours are 7:00 – 3:00 Sunday through Thursday but the nature of the profession may require work outside those hours on occasions. Works some evenings and weekends as required.
Click here to Apply Online