To ensure efficiency in the manpower utilization of the Air Arabia crew members, effective implementation and adherence to relating policies and procedures, and compliance with all relevant regulations and operating standards. Also, to establish/develop procedures, systems or tools to enhance the performance and productivity in the respective areas whilst constantly guiding, coaching and training the team members to develop and enhance their capabilities, professional confidence, and morale.
Key Result Responsibilities
1. Leads and manages the administrative and operational areas of Crew Planning and Control ensuring the efficient and timely delivery of tasks in the highest possible standards compliant with all policies, procedures and regulations.
2. Studies and recommends the annual budget requirements of Flight and Cabin Crew Operations in line with the approved annual flight schedules budget ensuring all Air Arabia flights are covered and other operational requirements are accomplished without delay, such as annual manpower budget, crew training budgeting, planning and execution, achieving agreed percentage of On Time Performance, crew logistical support – hotel, transport, etc., clearing of all planned annual leave days and percentage of back log annual leave days,
3. Works closely with Flight and Cabin Crew Operations on identifying potential improvements to current procedures, policies and practices to enhance the section’s efficiency and improve both internal and external processes.
4. Partners with relevant entities to obtain the necessary approvals on financials and costs relating to accepted Fatigue Risk Management restrictions resulting to additional manpower or resources.
5. Collaborates with Safety and Quality Assurance departments in addressing identified and potential safety and compliance issues related to Crew Planning and Control’s scope and responsibilities.
6. Ensures that required reports and other deliverables of Crew Planning and Control are transmitted and adhere to agreed time lines and confidential reporting guidelines.
7. Coordinates with relevant internal and external entities on various matters ensuring that crew members entry requirements in operating to new stations are planned and executed timely and accurately.
8. Leads in conducting annual reviews of the rules and parameters implemented in the crew management system and other systems used by the section; coordinates with IT Department and system providers the required functional changes or bug fixes identified.
9. Acts as a role model in inspirational and motivational leadership; invests in manpower and capitalizes on strengths, drives target scales, objectives and Key Performance Measures (KPIs) for the respective teams. Guides and manages the staff in understanding and delivering their individual targets supporting the achievement of the section’s performance targets.
10. Conducts periodic meetings with stake holders.
11. Identifies the possible competency improvement opportunities among Crew Planning and Control teams and communicates, as required, with relevant entities the feasible trainings / coaching sessions.
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages)
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Aviation related fields or equivalent from a recognized university
Fatigue Risk Management related course is an advantage for this role.
Project Management certificate or alternately the proven corresponding working experience is a must.
Cost Control, Compliance, Budgeting and Quality Assurance certificates and trainings are an added value and some may be treated as conditional for this role.
Proficient in airline crew management system and productivity tools; e.g. Microsoft Office (Excel macro, relationships & pivots; Word forms & link),
Excellent in written and verbal communication skills, Technical reports writing, presentations, etc.
Fluent in English language.
10+ years of working experience in Airline Company;
Last 5 years in the capacity of Supervisor / Manager in Crew Planning / Manger in Crew Control or similar department.
User of airline crew management system in the last 12 months is a must.
Excellent working knowledge of crew planning / rostering systems and process.
In depth knowledge of Civil Aviation Regulations; familiar with rules and regulations pertaining to flight operations scheduling and rostering manuals and working procedures, as well as to pilots and cabin crew licensing.
Proven skills in working with data and resources in a cost-effective manner.
Possesses good organizing as well as time management skills in a frequently changing environment.
Cost-oriented, possess effective persuasive, negotiation and problem solving skills.
Multi-task oriented with high attention to both results and details.
Dependable, self-initiative, takes ownership, and displays energy and enthusiasm.
Capable to perform under pressure with changing schedules.
Proven skills in identifying irregularities and recommending solutions
Click here to Apply Online