SECTION I: JOB PURPOSE:
This role is responsible for implementing ITFC’s strategies for market penetration, expansion and deal generation in the designated set of countries. This role is intended to manage client relationships first hand and oversee the end to end implementation of the entire deal processing cycle. This includes identifying prospective clients, evaluating their associated risks and structuring deals for trade finance products in line with available product offerings. This role is responsible for implementing trade finance operations based on the relevant guidelines of ITFC.
SECTION II: KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Relationship and Portfolio Management
• Initiating the process of ITFC’s intervention (trade finance and development) in any designated market, including country/regional review and market review as per ITFC’s business plans and objectives and in line with the rules and regulations guiding ITFC’s operations.
• Acting as focal point for the clients throughout the deal cycle, from deal generation to deal closure, and coordinating all communications between the clients and other ITFC functions, including Legal, Credit & Structuring, Operations, and any remedial related issues, including over-dues or complaints in the first step as defined in the Complaints Management Process.
• Receiving Financing Requests from prospective clientele and following up on the emerging needs and requirements.
• Conducting due diligence on prospective deals by evaluating the associated risks in a robust manner. Conducting and coordinating (in case of Clean and Structured Financing) field visits to validate key aspects of the concerned clientele, as required. Conducting thorough reviews of client profiles, related documentation and financials in order to validate the client’s financial standing and risk exposure.
• Following up on leads for corporate and structured trade finance prospects by front-ending the client relationship, building an understanding of the existing client needs and drafting the indicative Term Sheet in line with the risk guidelines of ITFC.
• Following up on leads for structured trade finance by front-ending the client relationship and contributing to the development of the Term Sheet, in coordination with the Credit & Structuring Unit).
• Liaising with prospective clientele to secure approval on the proposed Term Sheet and initiating amendments, if needed, in line with the risk guidelines at ITFC.
• Preparing the required credit documents including detailed Credit Memorandum and/or any other required documents in line with ITFC’s risk management guidelines. Conducting a thorough risk evaluation to identify the potential risk factors and incorporate mitigating clauses in the Memoranda. Ensuring adherence with ITFC’s risk guidelines in deal structuring.
• Representing prospective deals in the relevant Review Committee meetings (i.e. the Pre-Deal Committee, Operations Review, & Credit Committee) at ITFC and working to secure approval for implementation.
• Liaising with ITFC clients in the designated region to secure the required documentation for creating the facility (in case of Sovereign or Bank Guaranteed operations).
• Coordinating the Credit & Structuring unit’s relationship and interaction with clients when documentation is being obtained for structured transactions.
• Forwarding the documentation to the ITFC Legal department and following up with them to secure approval. Sharing the final documentation with the Credit Administration Department for subsequently archiving and setting up the facility.
•Maintaining relationships with clients in the designated region and coordinating all of ITFC’s engagement with designated client to ensure overall customer satisfaction.
• Scheduling and coordinating follow up actions with clients in the designated region in case of overdues within the stipulated Days Past Due (DPD) in line with ITFC’s Asset Classification Criteria.
Integrated trade solutions & client advisory
• Developing in depth understanding of the development needs of the countries assigned and devising strategies for ITFC’s interventions by way of proposing integrated solutions to contribute to advancing the development agenda of the countries under supervision.
• Working with the Trade & Business Development Department to see to it proposed programs are further developed and designed for effective implementation, in line with ITFC strategy and available resources.
• Liaising with prospective clientele to build awareness around the nature of Islamic Trade Finance products offered by ITFC, including main modes of financing, the rules of financing and a general guide on Shari’a compliant products.
• Advising prospective clientele on trade programs designed for trade promotions & facilitation with the aim of contributing to their economic development. Managing Regional Presence
• Establishing country/area specific strategies for effective market penetration and deal generation in the designated region for ITFC’s offering. Identifying target sectors and clientele.
• Contributing to the sales planning by delivering market information of their respective segments/markets.
• Implementing the Client Relationship Management (CRM) process for the region by sharing relevant information for all prospective and existing clientele, and leveraging the database to guide origination efforts. • Managing assigned local offices and support ITFC employees assigned to the respective local office, if applicable.
• Any other relevant assignment as may be required from time to time.
SECTION IV: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
Masters / Post Graduate Degree, preferably MBA with a specialization in Finance/Accounting/Marketing/International Business/ or Trade
• English & Arabic are compulsory
• French is preferable
Years of Experience:
Minimum 5 years
Click here to Apply Online