You as a Project Manager will be a part of the power grids division which delivers products, systems, service and software solutions as part of its comprehensive power & automation offering for the grid across the power value chain – serving utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers. In this role, you will lead the execution of medium-size to large and moderately complex projects and ensure that all related activities are performed in accordance with ABB policy, contractual agreements, quality standards, health, safety & environment requirements, financial targets, as well as schedule commitments.
Your main responsibilities will include: –
1. Project Leadership: Lead the project team allocated to the project, defining main guidelines, allocating project tasks, and motivating and monitoring internal and external resources to accomplish all tasks and milestones. Provide performance feedback regarding allocated resources working on projects.
2. Planning and scheduling: Define, jointly with the project controls department, all project plan documents, including scope and financial plans, schedule and risk management plans.
3. Project execution and control: Ensure that the project follows best execution practices and ABB policies. Effectively monitor and control project progress and efficient resource utilization. Monitor and control project financials, oversee project invoicing status, cost, expenses and cash flow. Identify, qualify, quantify and manage project risks, and ensure that all opportunities are identified and pursued. Capture, analyze and share lessons learned throughout the project. Ensure that the project is formally closed out, as contractually agreed. Drive the formal acceptance of the project, contract close-out and its acknowledgement by the customer.
4. Contract, claims and procurement management: Ensure that the project consistently applies contract and claims management, in accordance with ABB policies and contractual agreements. Coordinate with Supply Chain Management, and successfully procures required services, materials and equipment for the project from external and internal suppliers. Support Supply Chain Management in supplier negotiations, claims and project changes.
5. Stakeholder relations: Act as key contact for the customer and an escalation point for project issues. Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and effectively communicates with all stakeholders.
6. Health, safety and environment (HSE): Ensure the project follows and complies with company health, safety, and environmental policies.
You should have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering degree with 7-10 years of relevant experience in local market. Thorough understanding of project contracts, consortiums agreements and Incoterms 2010.
Working knowledge of SAP PS, MS Project, MS Excel, PowerPoint, SAS, RTU, Micro SCADA and Lotus Notes. Should have good negotiation skills in interaction with internal and external customers. Ability to assess, propose and implement solutions for rapid recovery of troubled or challenged projects.
Excellent communication skills, both written and oral is required with fluency in English and at least one other key language of the region is preferred.
Click Here To Apply Online